Thread: Windows 7 32bit AUDIGY SE SB0570

Windows 7 32bit AUDIGY SE SB0570

I have a sound card Creative Audigy SE SB0570 OEM drivers supplied on cd-rom was for Windows XP only. I could not see the drivers for Windows on the site of Creative. At first I was using Windows XP and now I had upgraded to Windows 7. Everything works well here except the sound support. The audio is not working at all. My last option here will be changing my sound card which might work with Windows 7.

Re: Windows 7 32bit AUDIGY SE SB0570

I am same issue. I had upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. Now I am not sure weather the card is compatible with the port pci 2.1 or not but it is well recognized in the system as Sound Blaster Audigy. I does not found any drivers for it. I tried old one which popup a old driver warning. It is giving out a upgrade message for the same. I am working on the same.

I also saw that the card which you are using is not compatible with the new version of Windows. y question is what difference between an OEM version and the other version of operating system. Like the said Retail version. Does there is some additional drivers provided or there are some other specific drivers available for the sound card. You just might need to upgrade your sound card also.

I had tested this card and it works well on Windows XP. I am not sure about Windows 7. It is provided on creative site that sound card is not compatible with the new types of operating system. Better a get a new one. Better get a new sound card for the same. Many time in my case the old sound does not recognize the sound card. I prefer to have this on my motherboard.

I have bought a Audigy SB0570 SE 7.1 for Windows ME PC last year. Here all works fine and to install the drivers of the same I got a CD for the same. I lost the disc and after a upgrade I have throws the card out. The automatic driver installation of Windows does not found found the WDM Drivers. Basically Windows update will provide you a proper update if not then change the card.

It is not a question of better cards but it the compatibility thing which you system must adopt. It is something very important to see and check. Many time old hardware does not work on new operating system and the user has only chance to get a new sound card support. You first need to look for the drivers compatible to the working system and then configuring the same with a recording software.

Many motherboards now include integrated sound cards. The best integrated sound cards are not at those on PCI. However, these integrated chipsets have made good progress and are quite acceptable for performance at any price. They usually hold more CPU than a good PCI sound card. Some integrated chipsets can also manage the 7.1. So better get a good motherboard.