Thread: Sound Blaster 5.1 for Vista and Windows 7

Sound Blaster 5.1 for Vista and Windows 7

I find this card after a lot of years in a drawer and I would like to mount it. The only problem is that I have the card, which can not find the disc with the drivers. I searched the web for Creative, but this model is now discontinued and do not even have to download some old drivers. So I am now looking for the new one. And then I decided that I would be going for Sound Blaster 5.1. But the main thing I want to ask is that what about the compatibility of it with Windows Vista and Windows 7..?? Also anyone using it tell me your opinion about that.!!

Re: Sound Blaster 5.1 for Vista and Windows 7

A few drivers for the Audigy 2 ZS have been edited by aficionado. They can also be installed on older cards from Creative, including the Sound Blaster Live!, Audigy, and Audigy 2. It has been premeditated to provide improved sound quality, fast hardware for newer versions of EAX in games, a mixture of 64 audio channels on the Audigy 1, and improved performance of the cards. Many forums around the web showed favorable consequences of this technique, except users of Live! Because the drivers just added the ability to use new applications (eg. the application of mixed later). Comments in forums for software developers said the hardware of the Live! EAX3 could not or mixture of 64 voice channels.

I have read the news that finally the correct drivers for Windows 7 and the Sound Blaster Audigy. From their release notes, these new drivers 2.18.0017 should finally work properly with Windows 7 and including 64 bit editions. Indeed it is almost ten different bugs that are fixed in this update including at least four are specific to Seven. One example is the incompatibility of the S / Pass-Through PDIF with Windows Media Player 12, the synchronization settings for speakers between the Creative audio control panel and the Windows 7, the inability to turn off the computer after the activation of the DDL or system instability when uninstalling the drivers.

The Sound Blaster Audigy ( August 2001 ) characterized the Audigy processor (EMU10K2), a processor upgrade EMU10K1 that approached with the Sound Blaster Live!. The Audigy could process up to four environments EAX DSP concurrently with improved on-chip, and native support EAX 3.0 ADVANCED HD support, and support from stereo to 5.1 channel output.

Creative has put online a few days ago a new revision of drivers for sound cards Sound Blaster X-Fi first generation to know the PCI models. Two surprises are immediately eye after a quick analysis of this new version 2.18.0015, good and bad. The surprises, however, will not please everyone. These 2.18.0015 WHQL drivers are actually intended only to 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows 7. The previous drivers were nevertheless unified for Windows XP, Vista and 7 where our astonishment. Creative says it says that new drivers for XP and Vista should soon see the day.

Well for starters, I'll do some history in the world of sound cards, you can say I'm a big fan of sound, and often hear music from movies and computer games since I have it in my room and soil to be listening to music all day. Hence my interest to have a good sound system, and I am rather demanding in this sound.

My experience with sound cards started 4 years ago, when I started with a compatible card to the soundblaster 16, my pc included (azthez if I remember correctly) by that time, the sound will only be used for games, and listen to cd's music, in those days behaved well. Although remember that this card, ISA bus to be reproduced sounds of some distortions when accessing the cdrom or hard drive.

After a long, long time i was flipping through some sound cards. I was going to buy a cheaper, but after seeing the current offer, and my sound blaster experiencing products, I chose the Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 digital. Ah eye versions of this, since there are several :
    • Sound blaster live!, Sound Blaster Live! 1024, Sound blaster live player 1024. All these cards are 4.1 (for 4 speakers and no digital output) are differentiated by the software
    • Sound blaster live! 5.1 Sound Blaster Live! Player 5.1, Sound Blaster Live! Mp3 05.01. These are 5.1 (for 6 speakers, front, rear, center and subwoofer: subwoofer) are differentiated by the software
    • Sound blaster live! 5.1 Digital, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital platinium, etc. .. These are the last that has appeared, have the same characteristics as above, but includes digital output (sound digitally transmits it to the speakers, and speakers make the conversion from digital to analog sound). This output has the advantage of needing only one cable to the speakers, and produce higher quality and less loss of sound. The digital platinium, includes a module for connecting devices to regulate the volume and such.

While not everything is so beautiful, when you install their drivers in Windows XP, which gave me some problems in the installation causes other, I operated the playback modes of games (say eax effects and sound direcx 3d). What led me to download multiple updates, software installations and until I found the solution: Install the drivers manually from Device Administrator hand. This card has behaved perfectly in all applications, multimedia applications, games, dvd (dvd fine view enjoyed with 5.1 sound), music (what a joy to hear in a 5.1 system guitar chords, or clarity of the voices) etc. And the 30 € that has cost me, really recommend it to any user, to give you a fairly important to the sound of your computer (provided you, or you intend to acquire, quality speakers).

The X-Fi (for "Extreme Fidelity" or High Fidelity) appeared in an assortment of configurations: XtremeMusic, Platinum, Fatal1ty FPS and Elite Pro. EMU20K1 audio chip 130 nm operates at 400 MHz and has 51 million transistors. The computational supremacy of this processor and, accordingly, its recital is estimated at 10.000 MIPS (Million Instructions per second or millions of instructions per second), which is presently 24 times larger than its predecessor, the Audigy processor. Grippingly, the computational power of the processor is optimized for the working mode selected by software. With the architecture of the X-Fi (AMA), the user can choose one of three optimization modes: Gaming (games), Entertainment (entertainment) and Creation (creation), each one activates a combination of features in the chipset.

The X-Fi make use of EAX 5.0 which supports up to 128 voices with 3D position with up to 4 voices used in each. The X-Fi, at its output. Offered one of the uppermost mixing capabilities possible, start by making a card for very interesting musicians. The supplementary big improvement in the X-Fi over the previous Audigy was the full support of the re-sampling engine on the card. The preceding Audigy cards had their DSPs set at 48/16, denotation that any content that does not correspond to those frequencies was the card resample in hardware, which was done poorly and distorted the sound. Many sophisticated users worked on this, using decoders to resample the sound quality or via plugins for audio player. Completely rewrote Creative re-sampling method for X-Fi and dedicated more than half the power of the DSP to process the result, a very clean re-sampling.