Thread: Intel SSD Toolbox - error connecting to drive

Intel SSD Toolbox - error connecting to drive

I have purchased Intel's SSD × 25 - M of 160 GB of G2 phase. My motherboard is a Gigabyte 790 of XTA of AM3. I installed the Windows 7 SSD limits. Install Intel SSD toolbox tools. This is working fine. Then I installed the mother board drivers, disable defragmentation, index, page file, SuperFetch and prefetching. Now, when I start Intel's SSD toolbox it says: Error connecting to the drive. I have not tried to reinstall windows 7, but it cannot help, I still cannot use the SSD of the toolbox, because I am getting Intel SSD Toolbox - error connecting to drive.

Re: Intel SSD Toolbox - error connecting to drive

I think, you are using nVidia motherboard and in accordance with that you are trying to install nVidia IDE driver with the other motherboard drivers. Try to roll back to the windows IDE driver through the device manage and this should work. I have no idea related to the advantages or nVidia compared to windows driver except one thing that SSD Toolbox does not support with nVidia.

I own an 80GB SSD Postville; I installed the Intel SSD and analysis toolbox it tells me that I should install the latest firmware to take advantage of TRIM. I burn the firmware (ISO), then I boot from the CD, it analyzes and before my SSD upgrade, a big WARNING saying that AJ could make the SSD unusable and Intel not responsible for that. There is danger or not? Because if Intel provides updates then they should take responsibility for that, I am worried that I would not be screw up.

There's always a risk in a firmware update but apart from a power failure during the update or a separate update that makes any plant as the last update from Intel, the risk is not great. Just one thing: I am not mistaken, the update will erase your whole hard disk, and it will better to reinstall Windows. I hope that this will help you.

Under Vista, when using a USB keyboard, it can be excessively long time to boot: Device Manager and then "View" then "Devices by type". Go to "Human Interface Devices" then "USB Human Interface Devices". You must have 2 elements! Right click on one of the two and "Update Driver", click "Install from a list or specific location" and then "Do not search. I will choose the driver to install". Then select HID-compliant device. It now only remains for you to reboot the PC to see the difference.

When you buy an SSD, so good at first performance is then maximum, however, it appeared that over time the performance degrades as the SSD X25-M with Intel which is the best known example of this phenomenon. To reduce the SSD to its original condition (factory outlet), proceed to a secure erasure says more commonly called Secure Erase. This can be done through software HDD ERASE distributed by Intel.

This is the evolution of the standard SATA/150. It simply provides a maximum flow simply supported or 300MB / s. This is the current standard of conventional hard drives and SSDs best but it has only a short time because there is no doubt that this standard will once again be a bottleneck flows coming since DSS the speed with which flows increase gradually as time.

Hi there.
    I almost have the same problem.
    In my case, using toolbox, I can see the details of all the other discs I have on my pc.
    When I click on the SSD (on toolbox) I get a refresh.
    Each time I click on SSD, I have this refrest and it don't let me choose one of the selections I have on the right menu.
    I can only use these selections, when I click to other discs.
    I use win 7 on 64 bit.
    Any ideas please?

I forget to say that I have connect my SSD not on a sata connection (like I have connect other hard discs and cd-rom).
    I have connect it on a sata connection that says nvidia sata/raid2.

I have notice that using toolbox I can check all the hard discs.
    All of them, except an e-sata (external disc) and my SSD.
    Both of them, seems that are handling via Nvidia chipset.

So, when I open Intel's SSD Toolbox and click on my SSD or my e-sata, I get a refresh and nothing happened.