Thread: Intel X25-M Firmware Update Error

Intel X25-M Firmware Update Error

I have downloaded the latest firmware and now I am facing an error while using the firmware. I am starting in the DOS mode and the disc is detected by the SSD drive but at the time of update when you see the _blinking, it displays error message that “Error reading from the drive A: Dos area : General Failure Abort ignore retry fail”. If I retry this then I will get the same thing again. Anybody else is facing this Intel X25-M Firmware Update Error

Re: Intel X25-M Firmware Update Error

Well I am not confident for the solution but it worked for me. I have solved this problem by connecting the SSD to the other SATA slot on the motherboard. But this can be done only if you are having the desktop. If you are having the notebook then you solve this problem by switching from the AHCI to IDE/ATA/compatibility mode this will allow both the drivers to be detected.

Now that we have approached these principles, we can talk again the concept of Raw Bit Error Rate. It is crucial to calculate this again to judge the reliability of a product based on NAND Flash. Various studies have shown no surprise that the error rate increased with the number of programming cycles / writes but unevenly depending on where the chips. It is clear that the quality of chips and cells has a direct influence on these clerical errors.

The problem also stems from the way these tests are carried out audits. If checks are made after N write cycles, the results will not be the same as if you are checking for errors after each cycle, one after the other. Hence the difficulty of estimating the error rate accurately. What are certain, cons is that this rate increases proportionally to the number of write cycles. The error rate at the bit level also tends to increase with the retention time and the number of readings.

The MTBF Mean time between failures, which represents the time elapsing before failure for the entire product is insufficient to judge the life and quality of a DSS. It must also take into account the loss of data. Because there may be loss of data without the SSD or USB key no longer works. This estimate of the loss of data is called for UBER "uncorrectable bit error rate". The problem is that even if this UBER made an appearance in some data sheets for products based on NAND Flash, there is no exact standard defining it precisely. It should therefore be considered with the usual caveats.

There is however a way to produce SSD with very low rates UBER. To achieve this, one way is to minimize the number of unnecessary writes of NAND Flash. In this way, we maximize the reliability of SSD but also maximize performance. It is at this stage that the concept of "Write Amplification or amplification of writing. This is the number of writes performed at the level of the NAND Flash to store a certain amount of data from the sending host.

As it is mentioned in the above reply that, the writing on the NAND Flash requires erasing before writing the block and it follows that the amount of data to write from the host is often smaller in size that the number of cells that had "clear". Specifically, if a block already contains some data and need to store new data, existing data are assembled into system memory, RAM, therefore the PC, then the block is fully erased before writing new data and rewrite old.