Thread: Help Intel X25-M Corrupt Master Boot Record

Help Intel X25-M Corrupt Master Boot Record

I had bought a X-25M motherboard from intel. It is a new build and the other hardware like RAM or Hard disk is old. I was using the same on Windows XP. Now for a fresh installation I had formatted my system with NTFS partition. It worked properly for sometime while copying the files. At some point the setup stopped. I had disabled the password thing on the drive and now the setup sis not at all working. I had stopped the setup in middle by forcefully restarting. I think the mbr is corrupted. How to fix that. It is not detecting the hard drive now.

Re: Help Intel X25-M Corrupt Master Boot Record

In the first physical sector of the BIOS the MBR is stored. Damaged or missing can be possible due to a crashing of the operating system, software errors and inappropriate system shutdown. The signature of the boot record can cause serious problems. In this case, the data stored in the table partition hard disk is corrupted and your system becomes totally unable to boot. You might need to run fixmbr command from recovery console to fix that.

When a mbr error messages occurs your system will stop responding and it will not work. Here you need to find the cause of the loss of partition and perform Partition Recovery which can sort this problem out. This problem may occur because of damage to the structure of key data from your computer system. This can be done due to infection by viruses, crash of operating system or improper system shutdown. Because of that, the BIOS can not read the boot disk and cannot load the operating system.

To recover the partition from such problem you might need to go for Partition Recovery Software. These tools are specifically designed to analyze the full hard drive and recover all the partition which are lost and the stored data. Efficient algorithms are scanning used by these applications to achieve the absolute recovery. With interactive and simple graphical user interface, the software has been completely easy to use.

The MBR then scans the partition table looking for information on the system partition. When information from the system partition where it reads and then it it loads sector 0 System Partition in memory and starts. A small program which is at the beginning of this sector (the bootstrap). This program uses the partition information to determine what is the boot partition and attempts to boot from it.

When the MBR is corrupted, it can be found at two scenarios either a black screen after the boot process the BIOS hardware, or we have one of the following messages on a black background Partition table invalid, Error Loading Operating System or Operating system missing. In most cases, a restart in the Recovery Console and run the command fixmbr sufficient to correct the problem. However, the corruption of partition table may require restoring a backup of the MBR or use of third party recovery tools.

When the boot sector is corrupted it is possible that you find a a black screen like the MBR or with one of the following messages on a black background NTLDR missing. To fix this, you must run the Recovery Console and run the fixboot command. The MBR is a prime target of viruses, or can simply deteriorate due to improper handling, which has the effect of simply making your computer unbootable.