Thread: Safely Remove Hardware drives on H55 SATA ports

Safely Remove Hardware drives on H55 SATA ports

I have a harddisk SATA -II , a DVD player SATA - II and a DVD burner SATA - II which is 3 -port SATA - II used and nothing else. I have 6 ports on my H55, ports 3,4 and 6 are used for the 1 and 2 are blocked by the cables on the side. Are ports 1 and 2 bringest greater speed / transfer rate where no matter where they are connected , that will not change anything at all ? Please advice that how to remove Hardware drives on H55 SATA ports. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Namuchi; 30-06-2010 at 05:54 AM.

Re: Safely Remove Hardware drives on H55 SATA ports

The jumper in question has been put in place on some hard because at the beginning of SATA2 there were some problems of incompatibility with SATA1 controllers. So if SATA2 controller ( 3 Gbits / s) you can use without worry mode SATA 2 HDD . For some manufacturers it is a jumper ( jumper as master / slave PATA) to change position , in the other is a software configuration. So just locate this jumper ( on the back of the disc near the connectors as usual ) and change position if necessary. For it is the AHCI in Bios setup actually in what is usually called "Integrated peripheral . But this is by no means a necessity , as you can see in the test that shows you the performance is hardly changed. Do you not take the head with it , plug & play.

You need to go Control Panel > Administrative Tool > Computer Management > Storage> Disk Management. You will see your SATA hard drive down normally , you do right click , New partition and you follow the instructions ( it will ask you for example to assign a letter to your hard etc. .. ). It is formatted your SATA.

The difference is that you catch up easily partition system , you easily catch up an extended partition and you can easily recreate this environment with the equivalent of MSDos for Windows or Unix. After, a logical partition is often created through software. You can help break up both the system partition into multiple partitions logic systems that extended partition into several logical partitions.

By disconnecting my IDE HDD and setting the bios for the SATA is enabled, I managed to install win xp on it without having to install drvier spokes / or sata sil. Now I read that to boot from the Sata HDD ( it must be set on the first boot sequence in the bios ) but it had to connect SATA2 ports (those just below the IDE connectors ) I have yet to try anything.

Before declaring that the opening of a machine for additional hardware blew guarantee, it is good to take the necessary info from the manufacturer. It will be difficult for him to certify this fact. Or in this case, it will be for him to move and to practice any handling hardware on " his " machine.