Thread: Loose AC adapter connector

Loose AC adapter connector

I have just got two AC adapter connector yesterday and i have noticed something with it. It seems to be bit loose when i connect them with my Dell Laptop. Same is the case with an another one. I just want to ask you guys that is it normal or it should be fit and rigid.

Re: Loose AC adapter connector

Even i am facing the same problem with an adapter on my laptop. I have managed to make this adapter constantly connected with my laptop as i have to use some rubber band with this adapter otherwise it gets disconnected and my laptop starts using the battery power so it becomes bit problematic to charge up my laptop as there are few manual things has to be done for charging it.

I guess any connector which you connect with your computer system must not be easily movable which might result in disconnecting. Actually this kind of adapter are very much risky to use as they might just make your hardware of no use. These adapters make your electronic devices performing weaker as they keep on giving differences in the power supply and sometime they get disconnected directly.

It might happen that there would be some kind of problematic with an adapter's pin or may the port on your laptop such as if there would be some pins have got bent then your adapter might be getting fir on it but not in a proper way.
    And it is but obvious that it is not going to work for long so i suggest you to change that adapter as soon as possible so you do not have to bear anymore expenses.

I think any connector cable attached to the Dell laptop or any other laptop must not be easily movable when it has been attached. As there would be a risk of loosing the connection from the computer system. There would be something wrong with the cable which you have attached. Actually the pins on the cable does not fix the cable tightly.
    Cable itself has been made in such a design that it gets locked after inserting it properly.

You should try to use some other adapter in order to connect your laptop and charge up. Anyway i do not have much idea about the how to tight up the adapter. If it is possible then i guess you should try to stuck some paper packings with the port on your laptop because of which an adapter gets fitted with it tightly.