Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dell Inspiron microphone problem

Hardware Peripherals

Old 29-06-2010

Dell Inspiron microphone problem

Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop with Windows Vista (32-bit operating system). The laptop has a built-in microphone siding (two vertical slits on the left of the webcam), but I can not use it. Even an external microphone does not work. I read on various forums it must be activated, but I have found no forum telling me how. How can I fix this problem? Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Old 29-06-2010

Re: Dell Inspiron microphone problem

I have tried it from the Control Panels , If you're in "By Category" thou must click on "Hardware and Sound", then "sound" and then "manage audio devices". In the window that opens to see the tab "Registration". You should find your device, to you to make your settings. If you're in "Classic" mode you click on the "Sound", and in the window that opens on "registration".
Old 29-06-2010

I had the same problem since an update of Vista. Sound through the speakers, but no recording effort. I tried the driver bingo without success. I finally removed the software sigma in the list of programs, removed the sound card in the system manager and restarted. Windows has tried the device, has been reinstalled and all working again again.
Old 29-06-2010

Recording tab, I have a thing "line input, high definition audio device driver Not Connected" which is translucent. By double clicking, then clicking on properties, it tells me that the device is working properly, I do not know what to do again, I find nothing to change.
Old 29-06-2010

Ok, it must be your sound card that,

You do not have anything else? On my PC a XPS1710 Vista, I have a Logitech webcam, and "record" I have 2 devices:
- Microphone (for logitech)
- Microphone / Line Input (for my sound card)

The coup of translucent suggests that the device is disabled. Can you do a right Click on it and see if you can activate it?
Old 13-07-2010

To run the built-in mirco fact must uninstall the Microsoft driver for the card and install the SigmaTel driver available on the dell
Old 14-07-2010

Install Service Pack 2 and everything back in order. I installed the Driver link that the the above post has mentioned and it works for me.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,