Thread: Information about Audigy SE in Vista

Information about Audigy SE in Vista

I am thinking to purchase Audigy SE which I would be using in Windows Vista operating system. Some of my friends told me that it is not that much useful (effective) while rest told the opposite. Now I am confused about choosing the sound card. So thought to take some suggestions from you guys. Please tell me some information about this card. Also if anyone has used it, tell me your opinion about it. Expecting some useful help from your side as soon as possible.

Re: Information about Audigy SE in Vista

This sound card provides cheap basic but a good alternative to PCI audio chipset built into your motherboard. On Kit 2.1, the difference in sound quality is a little feel. Probably it would be higher if many software provided by Creative control with this material were available for ...Indeed, the performance of this card is limited by both its compatibility with Windows 7 approximately 64 bits, and a driver calamitous. The result is that the Creative software is useless, arguing that the sound card "not detected", even if Windows him, normally the cue and its drivers are up to date. So, no access to the equalizer and other settings that would take full advantage of the performance of this sound card. It also happens that its detection by some other software is irrelevant since it sets the map in 24-bit mode, as is the case with Roxio Sound Recorder or Recorder for Windows.

After changing my motherboard with integrated Realtek chipset (not bad) for another motherboard that blow it with a chip VIA change has largely been felt (even with speakers / headphones not necessarily high end) . So for € 25 why deprive yourself of a nice little sound card? My only regret is providing the software can not configure it as we would like the output jack (unlike my old Realtek), but it certainly does a minority of one. In short good product, especially for the price!!

So far I have always used but speakers (Altec Lansing MX5021) with an audio chipset and I found their quality frankly average. After installing the sound card, again I was pretty disappointed. EXCEPT THAT I kept my old settings with the treble at least not to pierce my eardrums. There are 5 minutes, just by chance, I made a rethinking of its settings (equalizer as I do not even need) and frankly I feel have changed his pregnant! The sound is superb, the highs are present, but not "aggressive" and not over saturate. The audio chipset, for me it's over, never again! This sound card produces a quite proper and reasonable prices. I am fully satisfied.

The Sound Blaster Audigy SE is an exceptional upgrade to 7.1 surrounds sound on a PC. With its idiosyncratic high-quality audio, including recording and playback at 24 bit 96 kHz with a SNR of 100 dB in addition to a digital output, it is the ideal partner for surround music and for surveillance films. For sensible gaming, EAX ADVANCED HD 3.0 support delivers acoustic effects and detailed 7.1 3D surround sound. Creative Media Source software included is a comprehensive contrivance for creating MP3s, organizing a music collection, adding effects and burning custom CD compilations.

The Creative Media Source software integrated is a comprehensive tool for creating MP3s, administrating a music anthology, totaling effects and burning custom CD compilations. The following are some features of it :
    • EAX ADVANCED HD 3.0 support for games
    • CMSS up-mixes stereo content to 7.1 surround
    • Analog / digital 24-bit analog inputs with a sampling rate of 96 kHz
    • Digital / analog 24-bit digital source with a rate of 96 kHz Output analog 7.1 speaker
    • Registration 16-bit and 24 bit with sampling rates of 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96 kHz
    • SPDIF output for a maximum resolution of 24 bits with sampling rates selectable from 44.1, 48 or 96 kHz
    • 64-voice polyphony and multitimbral function

The following are an Overview of Audigy SE :
    • The card comes with a Quick Start Booklet, pilots, Creative software and user guide on CD.
    • The manufacturer's warranty is 2 years.
    • It is a sound card input line.
    • There is little time, Creative has released a new driver for the card.
    • Models Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Blaster Audigy Value. are in fact made the same sound card in reference to SB0570.
    • The new drivers provided by Creative are compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, but now also with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Windows Vista. These cards had also been sold with the words "64-bit ready" on this box.

I acquired this sound card 4 years ago and today if it appears to be exceeded, this is an illusion! Well it does not manage it on the new standard types of Its 7.1 but it manages the 5.1 without any problems (used by most video system, 7.1 was not yet standardized across devices), I the mainly used to compose for various instrumental groups Hip Hop for my personal pleasure, and must say that for this type of use is perfect because it supports ASIO is a standard on pro apps, style CUBASE Pro Tools ... etc It also possesses its own MIDI bank, which cannot use too much space on the hard drive with tons of samples in WAV or MP3, which is a great advantage! The facility, as updates are relatively simple to perform, I for a novice, more connectivity is not very complex! It also allows fans of PC games; you can connect a joystick on the MIDI!

Good sound quality, but adjustments to make before use. A little difficulty during the installation for it to be recognized, but this affects all sound cards I think. I think opt for a better sound card, a Xi-Fi, when I had money. To know! I use Windows 7 RC, and beta drivers for the card have been released. So despite some problems for the 5.1 at the beginning, the problem has been resolved. In short, expect to not be satisfied out of the box. Choose this product if you only want to slightly improve your record sound. Suitable only for my audio set. To you make your choice and remember to read other opinions.