Thread: PWM fans on Intel Desktop Board DH55TC PWM fans always runs 100%

PWM fans on Intel Desktop Board DH55TC PWM fans always runs 100%

I have an Intel Desktop Board DH55TC and there are total two PWM fans connected to it. Now an issue is with the fans, They are not running less then the 100%. Main board has been built on HTPC and it is getting very much louder with those fans running in my living room. I have unlocked QST in Bios but seems like that it has been not recognized by the board.

Re: PWM fans on Intel Desktop Board DH55TC PWM fans always runs 100%

This seems to be bit crazy that your fans are out of control, I guess there is some serious problem with your hardware. I think even temperatures and the voltages would not be getting detected along with the fan speed which is not an OS's problem. I think you should update the BIOS on your system which will solve this problem.

If this would not be the BIOS problem then i guess you have got problem with the motherboard itself.
    There is nothing that you can repair on the motherboard if you do not want to make more damages on your motherboard then you should directly go to the service center and use your motherboard warranty.

SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.

I have found two settings for your PWM fans which can make your fan running slow but it might be running at their 100% only. These settings has to be done in BIOS only.
    • PWM Duty Off (set to 60 degrees C)
    • PWM Duty start (set to 80C)

FAN MATE 1 is an adjustable fan speed connector for allowing you to control the speed of a fan to create an optimal cooling environment.
    1. Connect FAN MATE 1 (adjustable fan speed connector) to the 3-pin connector of a fan as shown in Figure 1.
    2. Connect FAN MATE 1 to the 3-pin CPU fan connector of the mainboard.
    3. Turn on the computer after assembly is finished.
    4. When the speed control knob is turned fully counter-clockwise, the fan speed is minimum, and the fan operates in silent mode. You can select the desired fan speed by turning the knob.

Have you installed the Management Engine Driver for the motherboard? It controls CPU temperature and is probably necessary for proper automatic control of fans. The driver is on the CR-ROM that comes with the board, but does not install automatically. I had to go to the Intel download center to find it. Latest version is 6.1.1.1045.