Thread: Intel DP55WB with Core i5 on Win7 & Speedstep goes to BSOD when idle

Intel DP55WB with Core i5 on Win7 & Speedstep goes to BSOD when idle

I have assembled the two machines on the day before yesterday on which i have used an Intel DP55WB Motherboard with the Core i5 750 processors and Corsair 1333 4GB (2GBx2). I have installed windows 7 on both of those computers. Only the difference between them is one has 405w Enermax PSU and other has 750w Corsair PSU.
    When i enable an Intel Speedstep / C1 State / Turbo Mode then they goes to the BSOD when they are idle which is not happening without enabling the speed step.
    Last edited by Agaev; 28-06-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Re: Intel DP55WB with Win7 goes to BSOD when idle

I think there is neither anything wrong with the motherboard on your system nor with an operating system which you have installed on your system. I think you should update the BIOS on your system which might be solving this problem from the core. So first of all update the BIOS as per your motherboard.

Re: Intel DP55WB with Win7 goes to BSOD when idle

Updating bios on a motherboard is like you know a delicate operation that requires taking the maximum precautions . Its realization is more not always that easy and has already cooled more than one, particularly because of the use of a command line interface. To facilitate this operation , sometimes indispensable, motherboard manufacturers are developing for several years now , software can perform this operation directly from the operating system in a graphical user interface.

Re: Intel DP55WB with Core i5 on Win7 & Speedstep goes to BSOD when idle

If the bios update is much easier to run directly from Windows, you must keep in mind that the risks are the same and that failure would result in the failure of the flash on the motherboard. So there would be some precautions to be taken while changing anything regarding the motherboard. You must search for the precautions which must be taken as per the model number of your mother board.

Following are some precautions which are indicated by the manufacturer of your motherboard.
    1. Perform the update bios only when necessary ie for example if it brings support for a new processor you want to install or if it fixes a problem you are experiencing .
    2. Save in every case the current bios for your motherboard which will be restored if the new poses more problems than it solves.
    3. especially not intentionally interrupt the update bios in the writing phase the ROM .
    4. Also, turn the odds in your favor that it does not happen accidentally , for example by performing this operation during a storm. In addition , a multitude of Windows programs and services are launched and are in fact all that may be planted at one time or another or to use a lot of resources, thereby defeating the update. Therefore, before closing all open programs and stop all services that are useless (antivirus , firewall , messaging software).
    5. Do not update your bios in Windows if in general your operating system is unstable and crashes randomly .

If a 251 or CMOS Checksum error occurs after installing the update the BIOS, follow these steps:
    1. Restart the computer and enter the BIOS screen by pressing the button F1 or F10 to display the first screen.
    2. Press F5 to load the default BIOS configuration .
    3. Select YES using the arrow keys and press Entrance .
    4. Press F10 to save the settings and exit.
    5. Select YES using the arrow keys and press Entrance .
    Once the BIOS update is completed, the new version number is automatically updated on the screen Hand BIOS .

Unlike motherboards , updating the BIOS of graphics card is an uncommon operation , alternative versions of the original BIOS is only rarely available, and only in case of major problems . In all cases, the BIOS would have to search the site of the manufacturer of the graphics card .