Thread: Max Raid 0 size on Intel Raid

Max Raid 0 size on Intel Raid

I am new for setting up Raid partition on my system. I need some help to setup Raid 0 partition. I have a system with Raid 0 support. The first think I want to know that which is the maximum size allowed for Raid 0. Second thing which is the easiest way to setup the same. I think the largest size which it is going to support is 1TB. So that limits my upgrade option in future.

Re: Max Raid 0 size on Intel Raid

I too think 1GB is the last size too for Raid support. I just purchased a second SATA HDD to 120GB. I did not install I intend to mount my RAID 0 combines both drives. There is a SSD in my PC and I already have two partitions on one system as storage. So here the thing confuses me that do I need to format the drive first before installing the second and then mount the RAID.

You can buy a readymade system which provides you customizable raid option. But that can cost you high. RAID is composed of five different modes and I will recommend you to first go through all the modes. The first Raid 0 allows you to add the amount of free space partitioned NO 1 or on a different drive that can be done in a single virtual driver. You will need to arrange a manual for the same.

I have a Raid 1 support on my system. In there are 2 disks on which work and operating system is installed on he first disc. It is then copied through raid technology on the second drive which is backup for you incase of a system or disc fails to load. Do not forget that your PC not a classic server it means that your drive is IDE so the two discs are dependent on the same controller on your motherboard.

It is true that you cannot install both of the partitions on RAID unless you make a backup of those files for a restoration in future. In my understanding Intel launch a application for acceleration this thing. This application works o undertake the distribution of data on both disks without restoration option. This is very complication technology and you need to study more on this.

I made some progress in my research and I realize there have the RAID controller hardware and software RAID controller. As I have a hardware RAID 0 controller on my motherboard it will of course going to serve the disk manager under Windows. Here there are two possibilities. First to backup my data as ghost image file or the driver will serve as the choice for that.

To mount a RAID 0 it takes two SATA II at least the set is called cluster. To best optimize the use of volume records, it is strongly recommended to use disks of identical sizes. Indeed, if two 250GB drives will allow us to obtain a final volume of 500GB, using a 250GB hard drive combined with a 80GB will give a final volume of 160 GB. Here not down that 170 GB on 250 of the first disc will be unusable.