Thread: Rapid Storage Technology - RAID Failure

Rapid Storage Technology - RAID Failure

I am looking for some help on Intel Raid Technology. I had found that this does not works properly on Windows 7. I was configuring my office pc where I got a failure notice. I had never setup a raid partition, I was just giving a try by the manual. But now I need some information on the same what it supports and what feature it provides. I heard that it can give 1GB data transfer rate. I found that some SSD drives also support this.

Re: Rapid Storage Technology - RAID Failure

Rapid Storage Technology will now support TRIM. This was in news somewhere. Second thing you can get a 1GB Turbo data transfer rate but this does technology cannot give you more than that like 4GB, etc. Moreover, the current version of this which was released was more efficient. But this technology has far less interest than when it was released. There are many other alternative now.

That is what seemed to me a quiet satisfying technology and good for savings also. Here I do not have a special need for super-fast transfers but I had thought of DSS to eliminate audio noise and that just seems very slow when you want to put something and also very much expensive on the same hand in comparison to conventional hard drives. Otherwise if you want nothing then you can just have Windows Vista 64 bytes instead of a 32 for better support.

It is right some SSD by Samsung MLC, Mtron, Vertex OCZ and Intel is very good and fast but very expensive. So that is needed only if you really have work for them. For Windows Vista the difference comes if you have more than 4 GB of RAM on your system. So that you can get a very high rate of data transfer. There are few other programs that give faster data transfer rate on 64 bit.

If you want a really good data transfer rate like around 4GB precisely then you need Windows 64-bit otherwise you will not get a good performance. For SSD in my views RAID is effective and useful in the sense that AC goes faster and same for the laptop it is fairly convenient. If we speak about the budget then for that Samsung MLC Mtron 64GB hard drive coupled with a proper that can be 320 GB or 500 GB at 5400 rpm is not bad.

Rapid Storage Technology drivers are finally officially available for download from Intel. Rapid Drivers Storage Technology, also known as SLI, are neither more nor less than the replacement of drivers Matrix Storage Manager (MSM) that can enable the features AHCI and RAID Controllers Serial ATA Intel ICH7 series, ICH8, ICH9, ICH10 and PCH. So if you face any issue then just download the most latest version.

Yes it is out long before and the new version has support for TRIM. The TRIM function, defined by the Protocol ATA-8 allows for reminders to the operating systems that are responsible to inform the DSS in real time when data is erased volume thereby emptying the memory cells gradually and when deleting files. In this way, the delete operation is to be conducted at more entries later in the same memory cells which saves time i.e. to prevent the performance of SSD degrade over time and cycles writing.