Thread: Booting problems half solved

Booting problems half solved

I have been using an intel motherboard D945GTP. The problem is that my system has stopped booting because whenever i try booting it gives me an error message which states that the "CMOS battery low Press the Enter key". Also sometimes i get a bluescreen of death while i boot. Sometimes the system boots when it gives me the error CMOS battery low press the enter key and i gradually press the enter key this procedure is repeated three times when i press the Enter key for the fourth time my system loads windows i get the logon screen and then the reboot appears again. Please suggest a suitable solution to this Booting problems which is half solved.

Re: Booting problems half solved

There is a coin shaped cell CR2032 present on each and every motherboard, this cell helps the system in storing the BIOS power off. you might be getting this error because the battery may have been discharged. And hence you need to install a new battery and replace the existing battery with a new one. Hope this will resolve this problem.

You have to replace the internal battery from your computer, chances are you have a date and incorrect system time, if anyone knows anything about repair of equipment around you, it is advisable to do so, the problem of static energy, which can damage internal components of your PC, and if you do it yourself, is very carefully and try to get a wrist strap, so no problems, you have to open the case and locate the battery, purchase of and replace the same number.
    Last edited by Maxforu; 29-06-2010 at 02:01 AM.

All the BIOS setup program are stored on your CMOS memory which holds the BIOS settings. The battery is used by the CMOS Memory settings for storing all the information. So that all the information are not loosen when you use this system. You can simply resolve this by changing the battery and hence i would suggest you to get it replaced when the battery is no more working.

The CMOS RAM is powered by a battery. The voltage of the battery is weak, replace the battery. After recording the CMOS RAM values, a checksum value is issued to verify the existence of errors. The previous value is different from the current value. Restore the BIOS. You'll have to do this each reboot until you replace the battery.

Here you need to open your cabinet and install a new battery. When you open the cabinet then you search on all the four corners of the motherboard the battery will be located on one of the corner and you will find a notch inside the battery slot press the notch so that the battery comes out and hence place the new battery as the older one such that the flatter surface is up. Hope you got the fix.

The motherboard is the large circuit board that connects all PC components. It is placed vertically in the tower. The BIOS, roughly, is a software contained on the motherboard that can boot the PC. The BIOS is configured. When your PC is off, it's the battery (you have to change) takes over to supply and maintain the BIOS settings.

The error message indicates memory problems because this message is shown on some boards even if the memory is not recognized correctly (blank board battery, memory changed (broken new / additional) and memory) and other board is the message only with a defective memory is here a precise statement due to missing information to the board is not possible.