Thread: Problem Creating RAID 1

Problem Creating RAID 1

I am having an Intel ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller with which i wanted to create the RAID for the system but unable to do the same. When i am trying to do the same by keeping first drive source and another as destination at that the get then error i.e. 'Volume creation failed' and the destination driver is not visible. It only visible after the reboot of the system. So if possible then help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem Creating RAID 1

First let me know some of the question which might help me to give you the proper solution of your problem. Is the Source and destination are of same size? Does by any chance you have kept any data in the destination which is not allowing the other backup to happen as the space is not enough for the same. Provide this detail and i will try to resolve your issue.

Actually i am having two hard drive both are of the 320 GB so i think there is no problem of space as both are having the sufficient space for the replicating one drive to other. As per the space in both drive then i have checked the same with the Intel matrix and come to know that each is showing 298 GB space and 8 MB for the system.

In that case i think that you need to update the BIOS as your system BIOS is not capable of running the RAID creation so you are getting the error regarding the same. So just upgrade the BIOS and then start creating the RAID 1 with the updated BIOS. I hope this will work. Just let me know whether it is working for you or not.

As per your suggestion i have updated to the latest BIOS and after that i have tried the Creation of the RAID with the same source and destination driver but again after a second i am getting the Volume Creation Fail error. I am still unable to resolve the issue. If possible then help me more regarding the query of mine.

OK do one thing if the above replies is not working then you should check whether all other services are disabled or not. Just disable all other services like Antivirus and Firewall. Kill the process which is not useful and then try to create the RAID 1 again i hope this will resole your issue with the same. Thanks

If all the replies are not working for you and you are still having the same problem then i will advise you to contact the Intel regarding this issue. I am having the same issue regarding which i have contacted the Intel and the issue of mine got resolved with the help of the Intel. So advising you to do the same might you can get the solution of your problem .