Thread: Weird Screen Distortion After Sleep

Weird Screen Distortion After Sleep

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 and have installed a windows 7 Professional 64-bit on it. I am having all the latest drivers on this laptop and yesterday as i was away for more then a 2 hours from my laptop so it has gone to stand by mode but when i resumed it then there was many distortion on my laptop's screen. What should be the problem here and how can i solve it?

Re: Weird Screen Distortion After Sleep

There could be something wrong with screen of your laptop itself as it might happen that by the time you were away from your laptop, Some power fluctuating has happened and because of which your laptop's screen have got damaged. I am not so sure about it but there could be something related to the screen it might not happen that it has done due to power fluctuating.

Most of the times, It is the video driver which causes the screen problem on any computer system. I have seen many people which finds it problematic with the drivers of windows 7 operating system.
    I think you should try using your laptop by installing some other operating system but make sure that you uninstall all the driver before installing the new one.

The screen of your computer consists of two hardware components: the video card (also called graphics card or video controller), which is installed inside the computer and the monitor, which appear on the text and by graphical programs. Windows uses drivers to operate with these materials. Most display problems are caused by incorrect video drivers, damaged or missing. However, these problems can also be caused by a hardware failure, improper installation or external factors.

Magnetic fields mobile (such as those from an electric motor) can cause flicker when they are close to a CRT. A static magnetic field, such as that generated by the speakers of your computer, can cause color shifts or incorrect colors in the area near the magnet.

These color shifts are due to the magnetization of parts of the screen. Sometimes they remain even after removing the source of magnetism.

To reduce or eliminate the color shifts, you can use this option demagnetization on most monitors. Most monitors have lately automatic when you turn them on, but some older models require that you do by hand. Many monitors have a button or menu option to demagnetize them manually. This will demagnetize the inside of the monitor, thereby eliminating color shifts. Unfortunately, if the monitor has been exposed too long the source of magnetism, the demagnetization will not solve the problem and you need to repair or replace the monitor.