Thread: Error 76 while printing a document

Error 76 while printing a document

I found this at Brother, but this does not exactly match your model. 76/77 machine errors can occur during certain circumstances during overload or voltage fluctuations in the grid. These messages indicate an error of the although everything is in order in the machine. Because nothing is defective again after connecting the machine industry, it boots automatically after 10-12 minutes and displays the message "Cover Open" or "Open hood". After opening and closing the hood, the machine is again ready for use. Can anyone explain me how to fix this error 76.?

Re: Error 76 while printing a document

Machine error 76 is an appalling fuser lamp. Machine error 78 is a ghastly thermostat. Machine error 77 means you had moreover a Machine error 76 or Machine error 78 and turned the machine off. Occasionally the machines will give a counterfeit code and can be reset. Unplug machine. Hold down the Menu key while powering back up. You should still get a Machine error message. Enter the number 9...The display should amend to Maintenance 9 then enter 1. The Machine error will come back. Enter 99 and then make a test print. If you get also a machine error 76 or 78 you will need to have service done on your machine to have either the lamp or thermostat replaced, and depending on the convention of the machine, it might not be an appalling idea to reinstate the entire fuser.

To prevent the error from happening again, change the economy mode 2 ON to OFF by pressing Menu, 1, 7 (FAX-8070P/MFC-9070/9180/580/590/9660/9880) or Menu , 1, 2 (MFC-9160). Contact your Brother reseller specialized in order to update the firmware of your machine. Good luck.

First you must know that Brother delivered from February 2004 (from serial number L3J879703) new FAX / MFC, with the name "N" (New). The only difference is in the hardware. All functions remain the same as for models without "N". In case of repair, please make sure to order parts corresponding to the model that you need to repair and take care to use the good firmware if updated. The motherboard and firmware are not compatible with older models.The new devices have a "N" on the silver label on the back of the machine.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

To reset this fax must enter into maintenance mode. To do this requires support in less than two seconds on the following buttons in order: Menu, *, 2, 8, 6, 4. Then the message "MAINTENANCE" appears on the display. Then select the code 91 for a reset or part 01 for a full reset. To exit the maintenance mode is code 99. I do not know exactly how the detector of toner. This is a photo-cell that if the toner is empty the light passes through the box of toner. I do not know the behavior of the machine if you remove the sensor.

Personally, I've never worked on your model (Brother is not really my thing, let alone fax). You fax 8070-P and you want to use it as an MFC-9070? That seems difficult because your fax 8070 is not intended for scanning. Although both models are very similar but some parts are different as PCBs hand is still the centerpiece of the bike. So it is true that we can not normally (if I look réfences fax) use your fax as your printer. If the / / port was hidden and you can use it as your printer is already a plus. If you insist, but really, if you insist, I can sit the firm MFC 9070. Only if you're not afraid to throw your fax. But now I no longer responds to anything

The Pentium and Pentium Pro include a mechanism for detecting and signaling hardware problems such as parity errors in memory and cache errors. To report a hardware failure, the processor signals the detection of an error machine check exception of generating a control computer (Interrupt 18). Windows XP reports that the error occurred and displays parameters that you can use to decode the exception. Contact your hardware vendor or processor manufacturer for information on the MCA feature or refer to the manual (in English) Intel Pentium Pro Family Developer's Manual - Volume 3: Operating System Writer's Manual.