Thread: How to fix Printer not activated code 41

How to fix Printer not activated code 41

I am facing a Printer not activated code 41 on my Windows 7 system. I have a Epson printer which is attach to a network. I had successfully connected the printer and added the same. But the same is showing up error that the printer is not activated. I am getting a similar error on Deskjet printer which is also available on my network. But I am not able to run the printer. Need help.

Re: How to fix Printer not activated code 41

This looks driver issue on your system. Before adding the printer you must first install the printer in the system. You might have got a Epson or Hp disc with the printer. First run the disc and then click on add printer from Start > Settings > Printers. Click on add printer and then follow the wizard. In the same way print a test page first to checkout weather the printer is working.

There is a quick way to install printer in Windows. Start with your mouse and then click Settings and Printers. You have the list of all printers installed on your computer. Do not be alarmed if you see names of printers that are not installed or you do not even know, because some software and install it does not serve. In short, click Add Printer. Click Next and then Windows asks you what type of connection to your printer.

The local printer is a printer that is directly connected to your computer the one which you have installed while a network printer is a printer that is connected to another computer and used for the network to select this mode, your computer must be connected to the computer that is connected to the printer. You will therefore understand, select Local printer is a priori the type of printer you're installing on your computer.

Delete the printer and then re-install back. Ensure that your printer is proper connected and also check that other computer are detected properly on your network. Did you have assigned a ip address to the printer. If that same is given to different computer then there will be clash on your system and it will create network conflict on your lan. So for that check first proper network settings.

I finally found the solution. After installing the printer drivers installed you have the choice between a USB connection or wireless. For that go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printer and then right-click anywhere and select Add Printer. Then click on Add a network printer, wireless or bluetooth. Your printer should normally appear. Click on next and select the arrows mark the Epson and model of your printer.

To configure a wifi printer you will need to configure your entire network first with tcp ip address, subnet mask, gateway and dns. Then on your printer you should be able to find its IP address is currently dynamic. It changes every day and once the IP address found then run launch Internet Explorer and type the IP address of the printer, you will enter the basic configuration of wireless network printer and give it an ip address with mask gateway dns and done