Thread: Function key not working in Panasonic CF-19

Function key not working in Panasonic CF-19

I have a Panasonic laptop in which the function key in the keyboard is not working properly. I had pressed that key to increase the brightness of laptop. But nothing happens. Then I open Microsoft Word and then press alt + F4 to close that. But nothing happens there also. Does the keys are disabled or my keyboard is gone. What should I do here to fix that.

Re: Function key not working in Panasonic CF-19

That can be due to dust or some key stucked on your system. If you can open up your system then just open and clear up your dust. Then right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Right click on the keyboard and then click on uninstall. Once done reboot your system and click for scan for hardware change. The keyboard will be detected and then check back.

You will need to download the drivers for Hotkey settings. You can download the same from the official site. You will get the drivers for the same. Then run them. The hot key drivers might be missing in your system due to which your hotkeys are not detected neither they are working properly. So due to which you are not able detect the same then you can try out a usb keyboard.

I got a similar problem in my Vaio VGN-FS315M. I had found particular solution for that. This can help you also. First you have to search for Sony Utilities folder which is located in Windows directory. Then you have to look for Sony Shared Library and then search for Vaio Event Service. This is the 6th folder. Run it and then when prompted to restart you restart.

When I try to install Sony Utilities I get an error that says it is already installed. Then when I install Sony shared library an error message that interrupts the installation telling me that sony shared library is not installed on my pc and finally the last step vaio event service I still have the same error message but still my keys does not work. How to fix that.

You can try one solution here. First click on Start and then click on Run. Now in the box type services.msc and you are now in the service managers. Here you will have to search for VAIO Event Service. After thatn right click and Start. Once done you will have to restart your pc. Now to start tje sa,e right click and select Properties and under Startup Type select Automatic.

I also have the same problem on a VGN-FS315M. In panic, I installed everything including keyboard. I installed as FS3_Utils and oddly enough once you install everything then also my Fn key is not working properly. I could not adjust my brightness. When it restarts it does not work and even if no update has been made for the Windows XP. I am still searching for better solution till that time I am using a usb keyboard.