Thread: Computer cannot fine Device Code 41

Computer cannot fine Device Code 41

In my system there is lightscribe support provided. I had not used this anytime before. I have a HP laptop in which the lightscribe is fitted. My friend bought a Lightscribe disc to burn some audio files. But the issue is that when I put the disc nothing happens and a error comes out denoting Device Code 41. I am not so good in computers so need some really basic tips to fix this.

Re: Computer cannot fine Device Code 41

I am facing the same issue here. My system also does not reading the disc here anymore. In this case my laptop is bit old. So this condition can be due to that. But the same can be fixed by updating the drivers. It can be a hardware fault also where your drive is not able to read the disc due to fault cable or may be due to bad lens on the dvd drive.

You will need edit windows registry for that. For that click on start > run and type regedit. Then follow this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} \. Click on {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you should see two settings on the right-hand side create Upperfilters and Lowerfilters. Click on each of them press delete and yes.

The LightScribe drives and media, are more expensive than conventional products. So you must use them instead of just keeping it. The disc which used in them is also costly. Download and install LightScribe Simple Labeler it is a nice simple tool which is compatible with many operating systems and is intended for all users of LightScribe. Download and try this out.

LightScribe technology allows the other side of the CD or DVD not talking about storing data, but rather to make your media more attractive. Just right click on my computer and then click on properties. In that go to hardware and click on device manager. In that right click on the driver and then click on update drivers. Follow the onscreen wizard. Make sure you are connected to net.

LightScribe technology allows burning of designs with a record equivalent to a monochrome printer. Requiring a compatible recorder and media, you also need a program capable of creating models and then burn them afterwards. Among them, LightScribe Template Labeler is one of the easiest to use. Created by the designer of the technology, it does not require advanced skills to make original prints.

Lightscribe Error states a communication error with the LightScribe drive occurred. Please restart your computer and start over. I also tried to put the drive as master alone on the water IDE2 but without success. I also have a pb with my recorder Philips DVDR 16LSK and Nero 7. I have the latest firmware for this model (P 1.9) and the last driver of Lightscribe with Nero.