Thread: Tomtom 710 Red Cross over screen

Tomtom 710 Red Cross over screen

I had just purchased a Tomtom 710 which worked perfectly. I tried to update to their software that comes with Tomtom home and since after that my tomtom no longer recognizes the memory card. The other issue is that on the white hand on Tomtom there is red cross mark which does not goes back. Does anyone has had this problem or have an idea how to fix this out.

Re: Tomtom 710 Red Cross over screen

First of backup your TomTom data first from your SD card. Or else by doing some fixing you might loose all your maps and settings. I have exactly the same problem and in fact I feel that my cards have completely disappeared from the GPS during the update. If anyone has solved the problem, thank you to let us know. I am right now using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0 as the web browser.

Do not subscribe to TomTom for their radars. You go on the site Tomtomax which is designed by fans of Tomtom. They are free and provides you better downloading. The same is also done through Tomtom Home. I had worked more than 1 year on my radar gps so I took a yearly subscription this time but still nothing can happen here. I think I might need to contact the company.

if you connect your TomTom to your PC and you open TomTom Home then just click and explore your maps and find out weather your mps are properly syncing with the system or not. The contents of your TomTom should appear in the right box. The read marks shows a failure of the device. You might need to contact the customer service support for further help.

I too had the same problem after my first was to update my tomtom xl and it was lighting and showing up a red cross and then nothing happens after that. I tried by by installing an update for my GPS device but also after that the cross appears. And my computer does not find it when I want to do updates, it tells me that the tomtom connected is not compatible.

The same issue occurred in my system after my last update. I have the following message which says Card not found. I contacted tomtom one line, who received and provided me some basic solution. I told them that this has happened after downloading the latest update. The only solution for them is to download the map but with a fee. Can anything be done at the level of tomtom because I think there is a problem in their software also.

I just bought a tom tom go 730. It worked very well until the day I wanted to connect my PC with the CD tom tom home and since after that nothing was not found. It showed maps not found on the system. I read that you encounter the same problem. In this what must one do. I thought to buy a new memory cards through the site tom tom and I did that. But still nothing works here anymore.