Thread: File Access Error on TomTom

File Access Error on TomTom

I have a TomTom device. I had attached this to my car for map navigation. I am using this for long time. But this I tried to download some maps on the device which gave error showing file access error. I had reset the same many times but nothing works there. I think my device is outdated now. I want to buy Garmin Nuvi 1690 as a new device for my car. Does anyone is using the same. Thanks.

Re: File Access Error on TomTom

I am too facing the similar issue where I am not able to get my friends map. I had tried that to add up the same via my pc but still my Tom Tom device is not able to get those maps and settings. I am fed up this now. Does this is any hardware fault in the device. I am searching for solutions on some forum but there is not much mentioned no the official forums also.

It can be due to SD card. The SD card inside the gps device was set to read only. This is because of that where the device is not able to write settings on the SD card. Therefore you got the message saying unable to store settings. Here you will need to format the card in your computer and remove the read only settings. If this still does not work then try to change the card of the device.

It is correct that the card inside your device is damaged. Because of that you are not able to save settings on your TomTom device. It can be also sue to corrupt MapSetting.cfg file which is set on read only mode. You are not able to modify the same. You can open up Windows Explore and connect the device to your system. Right click on the file and the remove the tick from read only.

In Garmin is nice and the services can obtain a connected-to-date traffic information in real time and fixed cameras updated without going through the computer. It's convenient, but problematic if you decide not to subscribe after the free trial period. The radar base is unfortunately far from services offered by Coyote including a mobile radar management.