Thread: USB is not working on emachine T1842

USB is not working on emachine T1842

If I plug wrench or removable SD which operate elsewhere they are not recognized. At the hardware level, everything seems ok: the USB ports are recognized in hardware manager and no conflict appears. I have a 128MB USB stick when I'm in the office she works at home and normally is not detected, as when I plug my PDA on my PC it recognizes it more since my PC recognize my PDA and my USB before. Is what I have done something wrong I can not say please tell me why USB is not working on emachine T1842.
    Last edited by Ekanga; 13-06-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Re: USB is not working on emachine T1842

Maybe he should look in the Device Manager. Start -> Control Panel -> system -> hardware, click "device manager". Look in the list if you find points? "If yes, then there is a conflict in your system. Go in each section or you will see a conflict, enter the window causing the conflict. You should see while the device is properly installed but not working normally. Ask to reinstall the driver recommended. Your system will then find the USB driver that controls the windows/system32 Walking in and going to reinstall if it already has in its database. The problem should be solved solved now

I think you simply need to follwo the steps which i have mentioned below in order to get rid of this USB problem.
    • Clean shutdown of the PC,
    • Unplug the power cord supplying the PC
    • Hold the power button down for the PC at least 30 seconds,
    • Plug the PC and reboot.

It clears the static energy of the tower and now all your USB devices will be detectged by your system. Hope athat this will help you.

There is a possibility of a hardware failure and hence i would suggest you to get the portable device checked on a different system. If this is working properly then i think that there might be a connection issue on the desktop and hence i would suggest you to open your CPU unit or cabinet. and search where the USB ports cable is connected and then simply unplug it and replug the same where it was placed earlier. Remember to unplug the system before doing this.

If you have several USB accessories connected to your computer (including a keyboard, mouse, hub, printer, a scanner, a camera, an external hard drive), it is possible that two of them are incompatible .

To check if this is the case:

1. Unplug all USB devices except your mouse and keyboard.
    2. Make sure the mouse and keyboard work correctly.
    3. Reconnect one of your USB devices to your computer. For example, mouse, keyboard and printer are connected to the computer.
    4. Make sure all accessories are operating properly. Move the mouse, type on the keyboard and print a test page using the printer.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 by adding one accessory at a time, until something stops working as intended. At this point, you've determined which device is causing the problem - the last one you added. You can contact the manufacturer of this device to obtain advice or assistance.

Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
    • Try a "Hard Reset",
    • Turn off the computer.
    • Unplug the power cable sector.
    • Disconnect it all USB devices.
    • Hold for several seconds on the power button of the CPU.
    • Release the power button.
    • Reconnect the power cable sector.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Reconnect the USB devices to it.

Follow the instruction which are mentioned below:

• Disconnect the computer all USB devices.
    • In the Device Manager in the category Universal Serial Bus Controllers Right click on each line and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer but only after much delete all the lines.
    • Reconnect the USB devices.