Thread: Does anyone has Remote Control code of Motorola Cable Box

Does anyone has Remote Control code of Motorola Cable Box

I have a Motorola a DCT6200 DVR which I am using for a long time. It supports analogue and digital formats, with a quality high definition video and surround sound. It runs applications such as interactive program guides (IPGs), video on demand (VOD) and CD quality music. Recently I bought Harmony Remote and I am not able to configure this with my DVR. Does anyone has remote code for this. I want to change my DVR now which can work with the remote. Have any suggestion.

Re: Does anyone has Remote Control code of Motorola Cable Box

The best way to search for the same is on the official site. I had found remote codes for my DVR from the officail site. You can try to search on some forums also for configuring harmony remotes. You can tryout the harmony pc software for that. It is the best way to do that. I have got my remote codes from the site which worked quiet well till now.

You can manually configure the remote with the help of your pc. For that you will need a remote, an infrared receiver compatible with the Harmony and XBMC (that of HFX Vista Remote works very well), a pc with Windows and XBMC and the configuration software for the Logitech Harmony which is Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7. You can run that and assign keys manually to the same.

I had done that before also. Here are way. First run the Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7. As you launch you can add a device in that. Start it and connect the remote to your computer. Then click on add device. In Device choose computer multimedia and then in manufacturer choose Microsoft. Then type MCE Keyboard. Click next and then you can create your device name in Computer Multimedia. Click on Parameter and then in the list check customize buttons and then click Next.

It is correct. It will easier to do that with pc. When you run the software in the page of buttons you get two tabs standard buttons and Additional Buttons. This page will be slightly different depending on the number of your Harmony remote. The standard buttons are the buttons that are on the remote which are also called as hardware buttons. Then comes the additional buttons which are buttons that correspond to the button of the screen.

I have a Philips DVDR3575H DVR. The device has an HDMI with 1080p upscaling and also has a SCART output, audio output / analog video output and coaxial digital audio. Side entries and only allowed a scart to audio / video analog front, with a DV input and USB port. There is no S-Video support provided. As for recording there are two possibilities either to save that in 160GB hard drive or burn that on DVD.

I am using Polaroid DRA-01601A DVD Recorder with 160GB Hard Disc Drive. I had successfully configured the same with remote via XMBC. It takes a bit long time but afterwards the same work well. The DVR is nice and with better multimedia option. I had also tried to find out ready remote codes for my DVR but there is no such site which provides the same support.