Thread: My harmony 510 remote locked up on screen

My harmony 510 remote locked up on screen

The harmony 510 inaccessible has locked up. The screen reads. I had encompass heard from a number of customers who are having tribulations with updating their Harmony 900, 1000 or 1100 remote on Mac Snow Leopard (10.6), . If you encompass experienced this problem, you almost certainly saw the following communication displayed on your Harmony remote software when you tried to bring up to date your remote: some plug the usb apparatus etc.

Re: My harmony 510 remote locked up on screen

This is an actually simple difficulty to fix. The entire you necessitate to do is update the firmware of the remote. First you have to log in to the software. Then after you had log in you have to hit it off 'Downloads' at the pinnacle of the screen. After that you have to hit it off 'Firmware'. Then after doing all at the end you have to bring up to date the remote.

The firewall incorporated as part of the OS determines to interfere with the communication connecting the remote and Harmony software. To make your mind up this problem you determine to necessitate stopping the firewall previous to attempting to bring up to date the Harmony Remote. On one occasion you encompass updated your Harmony remote you are able to re-enable the firewall. Disable that and then create certain it back.

Throughout the installation of the Harmony remote software, the USB drivers for your Harmony 900, 1000 or 1100 remote are installed and configured, on the other hand there are times when this does not occur which determine to require you to physically arrange the USB drivers. Unlike additional Harmony remote models which utilize customary USB drivers included in the OS, the Harmony 900, 1000 and 1100 contain their own USB drivers which permit the remote to exchange a few words with your Mac as a network apparatus.

The USB drivers for the Harmony 900/1000/1100 remotes are not well-matched with 64-bit approach and consequently determine to not permit the remote to exchange a few words with the Harmony remote software. If you encompass facilitated 64-bit mode on your Mac, you determine to necessitate booting your Mac into 32-bit mode. I am using Mac OS X 10.6 64-bit and I am not capable to bring up to date my Harmony 900/1000/1100. How do I bring up to date my remote.

You are not capable to bring up to date the Harmony remote on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) 64-bit. The USB drivers for the Harmony 900/1000/1100 remotes are not well-matched with 64-bit mode. You determine to necessitate booting your Mac into 32-bit mode. To boot your Mac into 32-bit approach follow the steps below: for this you have to restart your Mac. At the same time as the Mac is booting up, hold down the '3' and '2' keys. Once you encompass booted up, you determine to be capable to update your Harmony remote.

To physically arrange the Logitech Harmony USB drivers, follow the steps beneath: first you have to attach the Harmony remote to the system via the USB cable and hit it off OK. Then you have to Double-click the System favorite image in the dock. After that you have to Double-click on Network. After twice hit it off on the network hit it off the + button near the bottom left corner of the window as exposed below No IP. In the Interface drop-down, choose Ethernet Adapter (en2). After that you have to select the Service Name text field type in the model numeral of your Harmony remote. In this illustration we typed Harmony 1000 as exposed below. You have to hit it off on Create and after that to the No IP. In the arrange IPv4 drop-menu, choose physically No IP. At the end type the following as exposed below: IP address field: 192.168.142.1, Type the following in the Subnet Mask field: 255.255.255.0, Type the following in the Router field: 192.168.142.253, Then hit it off Apply. The decorated dot beside the remote you added (in our illustration, Harmony 1000) is supposed to now turn green and read connected. The Harmony remote determine to at present be capable to communicate with the Mac.