Thread: Logitech Harmony 880 LCD miss placed software

Logitech Harmony 880 LCD miss placed software

I have miss placed the software for my Logitech Harmony 880 LCD. Actually, I had all the features installed in my older computer. Now, I have changed the computer and want the software so that I can use the Logitech Harmony 880 LCD. Where can I find this software? Previously, I was using Windows XP and now, I have switched to Windows 7. So, does this require any change of the software? Kindly reply and thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Logitech Harmony 880 LCD miss placed software

If you have miss placed the software for your Logitech Harmony 880 LCD, then there is no need to worry. just ask for the software from the store from where you have bought this LCD. Make sure that you mention the operating system that you are using because I am not sure if this will have an effect on the software or not. Anyways, I hope that you get the correct software.

You can get the software for the Logitech Harmony 880 LCD from the official site of Logitech. You will have to get the correct one that supports the Windows 7 operating system. Even if you would have not misplaced the older software, it would not have worked for Windows 7.

It has been noticed that the applications and softwares that work in the older versions of Windows operating systems have issues in Windows 7. So, get a completely compatible software for Windows 7.

I dont think that the software for Logitech Harmony 880 LCD with respect to the Windows 7 operating system has been released till now. So, it is better to get the one that you get, that means the one that supports Windows XP or Windows Vista. You can set the operating system in the compatibility mode and thus, make them work in Windows 7. The "troubleshoot compatibility" option has to be used for this purpose.

Even if the particular software of Logitech Harmony 880 LCD is incompatible with Windows 7, then just download the compatibility tool for this software also. Make sure to install this tool before the software is installed. This will help to do all the required compatibility settings for the software to work with Windows 7. You can avoid any problems in the future with the help of this compatibility tool.

If the Logitech Harmony 880 LCD software is incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system, you cab force it to work in your system with the help of the compatibility mode. This mode can be achieved with the help of the troubleshoot compatibility option. You will have to use the recommended settings given there or do the settings manually by mentioning the issues that you are facing.

If my problem is being encountered because of some incompatibility issue, then it will be removed soon. This is because I am making my computer a dual boot system, by installing Windows XP as the other operating system. So, I will try installing the Logitech Harmony 880 software, that I am getting newly in this operating system.