Thread: How to fix black smudge in HP laserjet 2430 printer

How to fix black smudge in HP laserjet 2430 printer

The HP LaserJet 2430 printer departure black smudge lines 2" in from moreover edge. Cleaning process followed but to no advantage. It is unexpectedly departure a black smudge down the middle of the page. It is an asymmetrical pattern, though it seems that it is darkest each 1 1/2 inches so that makes me imagine it is a number of cylindrical roller that is smudging the toner. Any suggestion regarding where to start.

Re: How to fix black smudge in HP laserjet 2430 printer

You have to clean it again with Q tips. Shine brightness into the dark space to create certain. First do a half self test, print a windows test page, presently as the trailing circumference of the test sheet of paper enters the printer open the cover, (this determine to stop the printer halfway from side to side the print cycle). Eradicate the toner cartridge, you be able to at present observe an unfused image on the paper, if it looks good here then the difficulty is almost certainly the fuser, if it looks bad here it's approximately certain to be caused by the toner cartridge.

I am having tribulations getting the gears to connect when putting the hp1000 back mutually subsequent to putting in an innovative fuser. The innovative fuser fixed the trouble but at present the paper crumples up under the ink toner for the reason that the roller gears do not spin to lift the paper up and out. Anybody encompass some thoughts on how to fix this If memory serves me, the fuser for the 1000 is the similar as the 1200 and if so the majority times when you get a replacement the main gear does not come with the innovative fuser and has to be moved from the previous one to the innovative. If that is the case and you did not move the gear then it determines to not turn.

The previous fuser had a gear which was beige in color. If the innovative one came with that gear, then no difficulty and I encompass no idea why the gears are not turning. If the innovative fuser did not come with the gear then you have to shift it from the previous to the innovative. The merely additional item I am able to imagine of is when you put in the innovative fuser there are a couple of post in front of the fuser which intersects with the frame of the printer. If that position did not go into the holes but are laying on top the paper determine to jam at that point. Maintain in mind the fuser gears be supposed to tranquil turn.

I figured it out and you were right. The innovative fuser is missing the gear on the anxiety roller and I turned in the previous the fuser to get the innovative one at a cheaper price. I called parts at present and had to get an innovative 29 grove gear that fits on the end of the roller bar. Thanks for your assist. I would not encompass figures this out unaccompanied. I do not understand your respond. The innovative fuser came with two gears that fit completely in place on top and along the side the big gear they necessitate to spin what else is there.

The majority printers contain a “self-test” diagnostic capability which might be started by holding down the main button on the printer – create certain the manual. Is the printer creating eccentric noises. This might indicate that it’s a automatic failure and that a authority printer repair company determine to necessitate to be called in. Verify with them how much they charge for a call-out and the probable cost of repair and relate this to the value of the printer – if it’s done a few years service then it might not be worth repairing

If you are getting deprived print superiority, is there ink or toner in the printer. Some printers encompass software utilities to be reminiscent you when the ink is getting low and laser printers determine to often encompass an LCD panel which determine to subject a warning. You might be capable to run a cartridge or head cleaning program. If you have installed an innovative cartridge, check that it is seated properly – take it out and put it back in again. But be careful - some printer utilities determine to misreport the level of ink left in the cartridge if you take it out and replace a partially used cartridge.