Thread: "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" error message

"A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" error message

Whenever I connect my pen drive into my system, the error message saying "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" is prompted on my screen. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I was using Windows XP previously. At that time, there was no such issues encountered. Now, I have done a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system. After doing the clean install, I have come across this problem. Please reply and thanks for any help.

Re: "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" error message

I had the same problem of the "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" error message. Well, I faced many other problems because of it. I was able to get a very slow speed in the transfer of files from my system to the external drive. I have not been able to find a way out of this issue till now. Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Hello there,
    It seems that there is some conflict between the operating system and the USB device. This may be the reason why you are getting the error message of "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub". Run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system and eradicate all the components that are shown as incompatible.
    All the best.

A possibility for the error message of "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" is that the USB port in your system may be of a very older version.

There is a need to upgrade the port. After upgradation, insert the hardware device and check out if the message is flashed again or not.

Just let me know what happens after you do the upgradation of the USB port.

In my system too, with Windows XP, I get the "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" error message, when any external drive is connected. The issue after that is that I am not able to access any of the files in that drive. All the ports have the same issue. I am still trying to resolve this matter. If I come up with a solution, then I will let you guys know as soon as possible.

Hello again, thank you all of you people for responding to the "A HI SPEED USB device plugged into a non HI SPEED USB hub" error message. Since, I have not tried out any of the solutions that you all have provided, I do not know if they will be useful or not. I will let you know if my issue is solved or not. If not, I guess you will have to help me with some other suggestion.