Thread: How to update my 610 1gb iPod

How to update my 610 1gb iPod

I have recently purchased the 610 1gb iPod. It comes with headphones, a transparent case, something like that worn round the neck, another tape for attachment CD with drivers, a cable to connect to the computer usb and another that does the same function but mini and finish the manual. Since I am using for the first time I am not having any idea about updating it. Thought that you guys would help me in solving my problem. So please tell me how to update my 610 1gb iPod. Help me as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Mei-Xiu; 11-06-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Re: How to upgrade my 610 1gb iPod

I think that you should be clear with the difference between "update" and "restore". An update just updates the software that controls iPod and does not affect the songs and files stored on the disk of the iPod. A "Restore" erases the iPod and restores it to its factory settings. Since the restoration erases all songs, videos, photos and files on the iPod, think about backing up your files.

Re: How to upgrade my 610 1gb iPod

You can Update your iPod for Windows using Windows Vista, Windows XP. For doing that you should download and install the latest version of iTunes . Once this version, use the iTunes menus to check for updates. In Windows, choose Help> Check for Updates. Connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with the iPod and open iTunes if it is already done. Hope that you will able to handle the rest of the things. The main thing is that you should update the OS also.

Re: How to update my 610 1gb iPod

If you want to update it on a computer, your iPod must be formatted for a PC. If this is not the case, a message indicating that your iPod must be reformatted displays. Depending on your iPod model and type of connection used, ie USB or Firewire, it may be asked whether you leave your iPod connected to the computer so the update can be completed, either connect to the adapter. You should also know that all models of iPod does not come with an AC adapter. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the update.

Re: How to update my 610 1gb iPod

The following are the steps, if you want to try restoring factory settings on your iPod :
    1. Make sure you have an active Internet connection, you may have in fact download a new version of iTunes and iPod software on your computer.
    2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes if it is not already installed.
    3. Open iTunes and connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with your iPod.
    4. Select your iPod in the Source pane, information about your iPod appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes window.
    5. Click the Restore button. One or more dining options will be proposed, they can ask iTunes to automatically download the latest version of iPod software.
    6. If you use a Mac, you are prompted to enter your administrator name and password.
    7. The progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restoration process began. Once this step is completed, iTunes will display one of two messages, with instructions specific to the iPod model you are restoring.
    8. At the second stage of the restoration process, the iPod displays an Apple logo and a progress bar at the bottom of the screen. It is essential that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage.
    9. Once the second stage of the restoration process is completed, and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant prompts you to name your iPod and select preferences synchronization similar to those you 've configured the first time you connect the iPod.