Thread: M7318 battery

M7318 battery

I am facing the problem while using the M7318 batteries. Actually it was working properly, then I don't know what happened suddenly they are not getting detected.!! I have removed and then inserted them back properly and also tried to do lot of other things but was not successful in fixing the issue. I thought that posting here would be useful since you guys explain in details about the problem and also give proper solutions. So please provide some information about the issue and other information about this batteries which can be useful.

Re: M7318 battery

I think that you are talking about the M7318 which is an Apple original battery that can be used with the PowerBook G3 Lombard (G3/333 and G3/400) and Pismo (G3/400 and G3/500). To sustain the most advantageous performance of the APPLE M7318 Laptop Battery, it is highly suggested to circle (fully discharging and recharging) it at least once a month. Note: It is ordinary if a new APPLE M7318 battery gets warm when being charged or used. New laptop batteries recharging may require superfluous patience if the gauge procedure encounters difficulties. For the first time recharging, a fully charged circumstance about 10 to 25 minutes when the new battery pack set in, but really it's not yet charged fully. When this happens, eradicate the battery pack and let it cool down for about 15 minutes to reset the new battery to the battery bay.

The battery casing is made of two plastic shells held by relatively thin spikes / video taped. By stressing a bit we come to separate the two shells without breaking them. The tabs break, but we can all get to pick (if necessary !!!). The idea is to start with a corner where you get to remove a little of both hulls. With any luck and after a bit stressed, we get a wonderful burst reveals 9 cells (9 x 1.2V = 10.8V), two printed circuit boards and a large thermal sensor. Starting from the outlet, we can assume that the first circuit is a regulator. The other circuit supports 4 LED and should probably ensure their display based on the state of charge of battery. Hope that you get some help of internal structure of the battery.

I think that you should check your system by directly connecting to main with the help of AC adapter. If it is working properly then there are chances that something is wrong with the batteries. The only option in such case is to change the battery.!! . Also before doing that, if possible check your system by using the other batteries of same make, so that you can get where exactly the problem is residing. Hope that doing this troubleshooting you can fix your problem.

I am telling you about the How To take care your Apple M7318 battery? When using a laptop as a desktop replacement the battery should "Be not left in for long period of time. Will the laptop over time discharge the battery. Remove the battery, making sure That It Is Charged to 50% and store it in a dry, warm place. Ensure That It Is wrapped protectively and nothing Will Be Dropped on it. The battery re-installed Should Be Every 3-4 weeks and Allowed to Fully discharge. Leaving a battery in storage for longer Than this issue could "Without using the battery to have the Circuitry Fully discharge of the battery power consumptions Itself. Leaving a battery in a laptop while using electrical outlet for a year long period of time Will keep the battery in a constant state of charging up and That Will Reduce the Life Cycle of the Apple M7318 battery.

I would like to suggest you not to waste your time replacing (only) the appalling cells in a laptop battery. The older ("good") ones will be weaker, and will perish next.. quickly, and likely damage the new ones. All cells are obliged to be replaced NEW with equal/same milliamp ratings. That is factual, and useful in SOME laptops, but regrettably, NOT yours. Apple uses a diminutive logic circuit in its batteries that "remembers" when it was completed, how long it has been used, and when it "died". And even with new cells, this circuit will thwart the iBook from "recognizing" the battery.

Utilize rechargeable Laptop batteries as an alternative of purchasing disposable alkaline batteries over and over again, think about purchasing a set of rechargeable NiMH batteries to save money and help reduce land fill waste.!! Rechargeable NiMH batteries are a immense choice. Even though they cost more up front, they’ll quickly pay for themselves the more you use them. In addition, a fully charged NiMH battery will last longer than an alkaline battery for a single cycle.

stonew Guest

Hi,
    Dewei i think you need to change you apple laptop battery or else open you laptop battery and clean you laptop properly and insure your battery again
    or else you need to change your laptop battery .
    i can just help you by providing 1 of the best site that provide you all laptop accessories .

You can check this site for you Apple Laptop