Thread: Using Logitech Harmony One with Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500

Using Logitech Harmony One with Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500

Yesterday, I purchased a Logitech Harmony after making a lot of research on this .The setup was a pleasure, however, I was left a nervous wreck after changing configurations and restarting the gazillion times, I am trying to get the dreaded "Input Select" to work. There are so many users on not only this forum regarding this problem and specially with the Sony Bravia LCDs and Harmony remotes. I had my share of issues as well. The basic problem was that I couldn't select the correct Input for HD/DVD 1 and HD/DVD 2. Finally after a long back and forth with the customer service, they figured out that a similar TV model is Sony Bravia KDL-52W4000. Once it was configured , I could indeed move to HD/DVD1 and HD/DVD 2 on my TV. Currently , on to figure out how to get HDMI1-HDMI3 going!

Re: Using Logitech Harmony One with Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500

I also just purchased this one TV and X series Bravia that is going on fine with my 785. My wife has the X series and a new 785 that I configured up and it is also going fine. So from this point, the problems start , I try to get the new TV to work with my 785 and as others have experienced it wont.

The 785 will not change the inputs properly and I am unable to get it even work by just easily turning the Tv on and configuring the TV to "TV" mode. I am really at a loss as to what to do. I like very much to use this remote and I have two. Have you any idea to get it back in proper way ...

Hi 2ndchance ,

I think for this you should personally call to the customer support , I know the way through which they can solve your issue, They will copy the entire commands from a already configured account into your account and then will come up on your account to work with the copied commands instead of the default commands from their database. So, in that situation. you have to update your Harmony Remote and they would suggest you to test it out. I think you should call them urgently and ask for the solution. I am sure the procedure will take place in the same way what I explained to you ..

Thank you very much Maxforu, that is right and that did the trick. I have not tested entire devices and I am managing but it does the TV well along with my foxtel and PVR.This was the TV that was having this issue , the 785 always controlled the other devices in well manner. According to me, It is important to apply these code to the kdl-52w4500 and it could also apply to some different in that series. Sony are currently using the PS3 type interface to choose options and this may have something to do which is causing the issue .My son working in retail says that commonly new Sony's use this PS3 interface.

Thanks again ....

Do you have any idea means the causes why the discrete codes given by above member and that are not being updated or taking a new entry into your database so that entire new users get them when they configure up the Sony KDL series TVs?

As we know that the codes are able to be manipulate with KDL-xxWxxxx series, they should be associated with your database so that it does not cause users grief and saves Logitech and customers a complete lot of time. If the codes were placed in the system, just with the help of 3 to 4 users that I have spoke too, we would have collective stored over 80 hours of troubleshooting and communicating with the customer support. I am sure, you all will help me to mobilize this function.