Thread: Logitech V20 Notebook Speakers not detected in Windows Vista

Logitech V20 Notebook Speakers not detected in Windows Vista

Please help in solving this issue. I have a Sony Vaio laptop which is having Windows Vista on it. Recently I bought a Logitech V20 notebook speakers for my laptop but I am not able to use the speakers on the laptop. Whenever I connect the speakers to the laptop, it gives "USB Device not recognized " error. No matter how many times I plug in the speakers, I get the same error. Are these speakers not compatible with Windows Vista? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Logitech V20 Notebook Speakers not detected in Windows Vista

Try connecting the speakers to some other USB port. It is possible that the port on which you are trying to connect the speakers is faulty and hence the system cannot detect the speakers. Before connecting the speakers on some other port, shut down the laptop and then plug in the speakers. Start the laptop with the speakers plugged in and check if they work.

The drivers for the speakers must be missing on the computer due to which they are not functioning properly. Drivers are important piece of software which is to be installed for the device to function properly. Install the drivers for the speakers on the computer and then connect the speakers. There will be no problem in detecting the speakers when the appropriate drivers are installed.

By looking at the problem it seems like the Windows operating system on the computer is not working properly. Insert the Windows installation disk on the computer and boot the system from the installation disk. When the installer loads then select the Windows Repair option and let the procedure complete. After repairing the installation, connect the USB speaker to the laptop.

The USB controller on the laptop must be not working properly which is resulting in the device not getting detected. Open the device manager and highlight the USB controller of the laptop. Right click on the USB controller and select Disable. Now right click on USB controller and enable it again. See if the speakers are getting detected.

Contact the customer care of logitech and describe the problem which you are facing. It is possible that the speaker which you are using is faulty due to which you are facing disconnection issue. Get the speaker checked by the technician and get it replaced if it is faulty. All the logitech products are covered with 1 year warranty so there will be no issues in getting the replacement for the speakers.

Yes the speaker set was indeed faulty due to which it did not get detected on the computer. I took the speakers to the dealer and got speakers replaced. Now the new set of speakers get detected on the computer without any issues. The information provided was really helpful.