Thread: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with PS-2 Adapter

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with PS-2 Adapter

I need a little help in solving a small issue with Logitech Illuminated Keyboard which I have connected to computer. I have many USB devices connected to the computer and hence I want to free up some ports. I was wondering if it is possible to Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with PS-2 Adapter? Any suggestions regarding this issue are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with PS-2 Adapter

I dont think there would be any problem in using the illuminated keyboard with PS-2 adapter. Currently I am using Logitech Laser mouse which is a USB mouse connected to the computer using a PS 2 adapter. I am not facing any problems while using the mouse with PS2 adapter and I think you will not face any problems while using keyboard.

No the USB keyboard will not work properly when it is connected to the PS-2 adapter as the keyboard will not be able to speak in both the formats. The new USB keyboards communicate on much higher data rate which is not supported by PS-2 ports. Hence I will suggest that you do not try to connect the keyboard using a PS-2 adapter.

Thanks for sharing this useful information about the PS 2 adapter and USB keyboard. I think the PS 2 adapter will not help in connecting the USB keyboard to the computer and hence I dont see the any way in which the port can be freed. From past few days the some keys on the keyboard are not responding properly and I cannot figure out what is the reason behind the problem. How do I solve this problem?

By the description of the problem it looks like a loose connection issue which can be solved by plugging the keyboard in some other USB port. Change the port on which the keyboard is connected and then check if the same problem continues. If the problem persists, get the keyboard replaced.

Check and remove the drivers for the keyboard from the system and reboot the system. Let the system find and install the appropriate drivers for the keyboards and then check the performance of the keyboard. If the driver reinstalling does not help, then you will have to get the replacement of the keyboard. Hopefully reinstalling the drivers will solve the problem.