Thread: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard and IOGear GCS634U

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard and IOGear GCS634U

Hello people, Recently I bought a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard which I have connected to my IOGEAR GCS634U. The problem is that some keys on the keyboard like mute and volume controls do not work which is more annoying. Is there any hardware issue related to this problem? Is there any special configuration required for making the keyboard work properly? Any suggestions regarding the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard and IOGear GCS634U

I am also facing the same issue with IOGear GCS632U and Logitech Illuminated keyboard. The problem which I am facing is a humming noise from the keyboard when it is working on lower illumination level. If the illumination is fully off or fully on the Humming sound disappears. I cant figure out why there is humming sound in the keyboard while illumination is at lower level and hence need help in solving issue.

The problem is with the IOGEAR I think because I have connected MX Revolution and diNovo Edge with an Iogear GCS1024 and every now and then certain keys on the keyboard decide not to respond but still the mouse keeps on responding. I am taking the IOGear back to the dealer and will ask for a replacement. Will give update after changing the IOGear on my system.

The device IOGEAR which you are using is a KVM switch. A KVM emulates a normal mouse and Keyboard which blocks the PC from seeing any disconnect occurring which can cause problems in the mouse and keyboard set. Hence to avoid all such complications Logitech does not support any pass through devices or KVM switches and hence the illuminated keyboard is not working properly on IOGEAR.

If you want to use KVM switches then you can use USB KVM switches which switch the connection. Because of these switches the PC sees the mouse and keyboard connected and disconnected which takes less time to load the drivers. Read the working specification of the KVM switch before selecting.

You can try and do the following steps and see if it helps. Disconnect all the keyboard and mouse. Connect the keyboard in the mouse port and mouse in the keyboard port. See if the keyboard is working properly with the configuration. It worked for me and I hope it works for you too.