Thread: Logitech G35 headset gives "Unplug and replug" message frequently

Logitech G35 headset gives "Unplug and replug" message frequently

Hello there, I am having Windows 7 installed on my desktop computer. I got a new Logitech G35 as a gift which worked fine for few days but now sometimes the Headset gets detected and sometimes it does not get detected. My Logitech G35 headset gives "Unplug and replug" message frequently when connected. I am not able to figure out if the problem is with the headset or the system. So if any of you know a solution to make the headset work properly then please suggest it. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Logitech G35 headset gives "Unplug and replug" message frequently

Get the headphones checked by some expert and see if there are any faults in it. You have mentioned that the headphones are new and hence they must be under 1 year warranty cover of logitech. Take the headphones to the nearest service center of Logitech and get them checked. If the headphones are faulty, you will get it replaced for free.

The USB controller on the computer must not be working properly and hence the headphones are getting disconnecting while in use. To check if the USB controllers are working properly on the system, right click on my computer and select Device manager. Highlight the USB controllers and see if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting steps if there are any caution signs. Check after troubleshooting, if the same problem is faced or not.

I suspect that it is a driver conflict issue. The drivers for the headset must be conflicting with some other USB device which is disconnecting the headset from the computer frequently. Therefore I would suggest that you check all the USB devices which are installed recently before the problem started and remove it to check the performance of the headset. Hope it helps.

I was also facing the same problem witht the G35 headset which i was using. The headset got disconnected frequently from the system. After searching for the solution, I found out that there is one driver update to be installed on the computer for solving the problem and after installing the updated driver the headset is working better. Hence get the driver updated and see if it helps.

Scan the system with an updated antivirus and check all the files which are infected. It is possible that the system is infected with some kind of virus which is creating problem. Repairing the infected file will hopefully solve the problem I think. If it does not help then try and reinstall the operating system again.

Yes there were lot of files which were infected by some virus. This virus was disabling the USB controller and hence the headset kept on disconnecting. Now after cleaning the system from the virus, the headset works properly on the system and it does not get disconnected from the system. Thanks a lot.