Thread: How to reset TomTom

How to reset TomTom

Hello , When I turn on my TomTom One V4, I can not access certain keys that are dimmed (Base, Favorite, Find alternative, show route, Clear route) I therefore considered a reset. The reset on my TomTom One V4 does not work. The data are not reset. How to force the reset? or offer you another solution Thank you

Re: How to reset TomTom

Follow the instructions which are laid below this will help you to get your TomTom resetted.

• Make sure your battery is charged prior to you begin. TomTom recommends that your device should be charged for minimum of 120 Mins prior you are going for resetting the TomTom.
    • Take your device's SD card from the card slot.
    • Search for the Reset pin-hole which is locates somewhere near the bottom of the device.
    • Keep the Reset button holding for about 10 to 15 seconds or awaiting your device resets itself. You will require a thin paperclip or some other small metal object to reach inside the pinhole.
    • After this Power On the TomTom back and reinsert your SD Card.
    Last edited by Simond; 10-06-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Hello, One of the V4 there is no reset on the device! not confuse the different versions! So for the V4, a reset device is off, then it is pressed the button on / off (several seconds) and it appears a screen of all information model shown in white on black, ON FINGER GUARD pressed the button because the device s'étein then again obtained the start screen of TOMTOM ONE V4.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Good evening
    To reset your device, follow these steps:

1. Upload your device.
    Charge your device for at least 2 hours. Make sure the charging of your device is turned

2. Reset your device.
    Use a paper clip lying, or something similar, to push the reset button. (Below the camera hole marked RESET)

3. Turn on your device.
    Press the power button for at least 5 seconds.

Well no information returned is not deleted, but some settings are reset. found the previous favorites, addresses etc ... to erase all the data we need to go on the menu that you get the first start if you do not succeed then we must restore the device with your first backup! If you do not do it, then it's over you still give your details to receive another process for the TomTom One V4.