Thread: Quickcam not working on Vista Home Premium

Quickcam not working on Vista Home Premium

I discovered that my settings of Logitech QuickCam Version 11.80.1065 displayed in gray. They are in gray and the settings are impossible to use. I cannot use the sections Webcam Settings > Advanced Settings and video effects. I could still change there even after some couple of weeks. I have not changed, my updates are installed automatically, but I can still take out some pics. It does not work properly on my system. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Re: Quickcam not working on Vista Home Premium

To solve it first you have already installed the software of quickcam. Therefore go to Control panel panel and click on system. Then go in hardware and click on device driver. You're going on peripheral image and right click on image capture, and you do an update of your drivers. It is necessary that you should put the logitech drivers in place of those window driver. Once you done restart your system.

I have the same problem, after several uninstalls of MSN and the webcam drivers the sounds is not ready to work at all. In the Setup menu audio and video on MSN. I am unable to access the option of adjusting the camera settings which appear when you click on options. A message appears saying that a problem has occurred and it has stopped working. I am not able to adjust the same.

To solve the problem, first of all be be patient and click as many times as needed (that is to say three dozen times) on the Do not send window in Microsoft. Indeed, the error message relates to many management modules. It should therefore not be discouraged in seeking to end the current task. The installation process automatically resumes.

For the problem on messenger try to re-install or update your msn messenger. Check the for Windows update first. You will require to update your drivers for that. The webcam have proper drivers updates which are available on the official site. Download them. Try to disable your security services first. They might be blocking your webcam software. Try a different messenger.

First identify the brand of your Wecam. Go to the manufacturer's site or on a site like driverupdate. Download the software referring to your webcam and perform installation. Now run Skype or MSN and enter the audio video setup options. It is easily configurable. But if the same is not working or settings are disabled then that means the drivers are not supported for your system.

Windows automatically detects the presence of new hardware. A window named Add New Hardware Wizard appears. Click Next and follow the instructions in the wizard. After this, restart your computer so it can take into account the new drivers you just installed. Now you just have to install your video capture software, which lets you capture still images or movies.