Thread: Standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard

Standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard

My computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 3 and I have the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. I want to know that if the Standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard can be set in some manner. I do not have much knowledge about doing the same, so any help would be very much appreciated. I just know that if possible, one of the programmable keys can be used for this purpose.

Re: Standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard

According to me, you must not play with the settings of the system with the keyboard. This is because if you make some mistake in making the shortcut for the standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard, then you will not be able to change it also. Well, if you take some help from your computer engineer, then he will be able to help you with the setup.

I hope that the correct settings will be done for you.

Hello..........
    I have searched the internet for the settings of the standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard and I found out that you need to install something called as uberOptions. After installing it, you will have to add the same in SetPoint and make it an option. You will be able to do all the required settings after that. Infact, you will be guided on how to go about with it.

It is required that a keystroke sequence must be used for the Standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard. Just follow the settings given below:
    1. Go to Setpoint settings.
    2. There, select the tab for My Keyboard.
    3. Next, any FUNCTION key is to be selected.
    4. Here, the task id to be selected with the help of the option for Keyboard Assignment.
    5. With the help of combining the keys, you will be able to take your system into the Standby mode.

This is a great information that is been shared here about the standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard. Many people, along with me did not have the information how to do such a setup. I guess that many would also not have thought if such a setting is possible or not. Well, I am sure that most of the users having the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard will be benefited from this information.

I want to know that whether the Standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard setting is dependent on the operating system that we use. Is the setting mentioned in one of the above posts only for Windows XP? I want to know this because I am using the Windows 7 operating system, so just wanted to know if the same setting would work for me too or not. Please provide some suggestions.

Yes, the settings that are given in the above post can be used with any of the operating systems. So, it can be used with Windows XP or Windows 7. I can assure you this because I have used the same settings in my system having the Windows 7 operating system for the Standby-Key in Illuminated Keyboard. So, it will work in your case too.