Thread: Canon PIXMA MP 470 Photo All in One Inkjet Printer manual

Canon PIXMA MP 470 Photo All in One Inkjet Printer manual

I have just bought the PIXMA MP 470 printer and I am having troubles while installing the ink cartridges! Is there a modus operandi for doing this.?? Please help me in solving my doubts. Also I am not knowing much about this product, so if you provide some detailed information about this product that would be really grateful. Hoping that someone would help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: Canon PIXMA MP 470 Photo All in One Inkjet Printer manual

Setup of Canon PIXMA MP 470 is uncomplicated, thanks to the enclosure of a poster illustrating fundamental steps and an automatic installation routine using the included CD. The software package includes a pair of useful, well-designed Applications for editing photos and handling scanned images. Canon Solution Menu dialog box's Gives you one-touch admittance to the printer's on-screen documentation, maintenance utilities, and help files. A My Printer applet installs itself in your Windows system tray and supplies the printer queue, settings, and troubleshooting information. A quick-start guide and an HTML-based manual swathe all the features meticulously.

This is an exceptional printer for those of you who will only use it sporadically. It has fast printing & the print quality is brilliant. If you plan to scan only once in a while this will do the job. If you are a heavy user scanning features to appear for more specific printer for that. I use this to print directions, some pictures, boarding passes & to make scanned PDF documents. It has worked enormous for my needs. If you are a heavy duty printer user I would recommend one of the high end Pixma models. The MP470 has outstanding text output, decent photo output and a valuable scanner / copier :
    • Easy to set-up and use
    • Useful for home and school
    • There are Better Choices for business and Photography
    • A little noisy

For all those who have troubles clicking it into place it's possibly the printer's not on. Turn it on and the top partly of the cartridge holder which is connected to the printing head should slide to the left part of the printer when it's on, and then skim the cartridges in a click in. I am sure that will definitely help you in fixing your problem.

The Pixma MP470 uses a two-tank ink system: one black and one tricolor. It ships with regular Capacity cartridges, but you replace Both dog with high-capacity versions. The regular black costs $ 16 (220 prints) and the regular color costs $ 20 (205 prints), while the large black costs $ 20 (355 prints) and the large color costs $ 25 (308 prints). Using the large tanks for best value, we estimate That a black-only print costs about 5.6 cents, while a four-color page costs about 13.7 cents. These costs are a little Higher Than Those for the HP Photosmart C4280 , But Still reasonable for low-end multifunction inkjet printer.

The major scan menu lets you opt among scanning the file to your PC (You Can specify WHERE you want it saved via a file tree), attaching the scan to an e-mail, scanning to PDF, or scanning Into a program. The last option proved mysterious. We're familiar to selecting a program from a list of options on the printer's menu and having the scan ensuing that program opens in pop. With the Pixma MP470, the scan pops up in Canon's MP Navigator EX utility, you cannot INSTRUCT the scanner to scan to a program such as Word or Photoshop. The MP Navigator EX utility allows you to amend the photo (in the case of photo scans) scans turn Into PDFs, attach them to e-mails, or convert scans to editable text using optical character recognition software.

I also presently set up this printer. Inserting the cartridge is complicated but not intricate. Just overlay the cartridges in the each slot until they can no longer move onward. Then you simply press the cartridge up until you listen to the click, you have to use a little force to ensure it clicks. You can step-through the documentation manually on a card and prints initiate separately, or you can go through the complete card, mark all the ones you want printed, and make a batch print. Particular photo print options embrace print all, sticker prints, special layouts, and index prints. I do not like how the Print All option is buried in a third-level menu, I prefer it to be a top-level menu option.

While the MP470 Offers good quality printing, note That It Does Not Automatically turn on Itself just by clicking print at the PC (something the previous 970Cxi does & the Canon did), the exit door is flimsey Such That I feel like I will break it Just by Touching it (also unlikable the robust HP printer), the scanner is slow & the menu Takes multiple steps just to make a copy (unlikable Another HP multifunction Purchased A Few years ago). Given That is the control panel cover (eg Needs Attention just to use it), this printer is more Designed to be pretty When not in use ... WHERE I prefer to spend less time printing as it’s just a printer.

If your color cartridge is out of ink on a Canon MP470 printer and all you want to do is print BLACK, and your printer says replace color ink cartridge. All You Have to do to continue printing in black is first go to the printer settings. Click start> control panel> Printer / fax>, select your printer and right click> select Properties> select Maintenance Tab, select ink cartridges setting, select black ink only. Next go back and select GENERAL TAB> Then look down and click Printing Preferences. Select Plain Paper and click OK. Lastly go to your printer "Canon MP470 Printer." You should see on your little LCD telling you to replace your color ink cartridge ... "whatever"! Do this lastly ... press and hold the stop / reset key for about 5 seconds or more and the LCD screen will change, and prompt on your monitor will eat up.