Thread: Logitech 550 remote with Windows 7 Media Center

Logitech 550 remote with Windows 7 Media Center

Hello people,

I have recently shifted from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Actually, I have done an upgradation rather than a clean install of the operating system. I want to know that is there any way to use the Logitech 550 remote with Windows 7 Media Center. I am not able to use it directly because I am getting some sort of incompatibility error message.

Kindly help me with any possible suggestions and replies based on this topic.

Install proper drivers

I am not aware of the working of Logitech 550 remote with Windows 7 Media Center, but I have seen that it is very necessary to install proper drivers with respect to the Windows 7 operating system to make it work with the same. Well, make sure that you have installed the Windows 7 drivers for this remote in your system, or else you may never be able to make it work with your system.

Windows Vista drivers will work

According to me, the Windows Vista drivers will work to solve the issue to make the Logitech 550 remote work with Windows 7 Media Center. I can assure you this because I am using Windows 7 too and many of the device drivers for Windows Vista are working properly in this operating system too. There may be some problem with the installation of the drivers because of which you are getting the particular error message.

Reinstall the drivers are let me know if the issues are solved or not.

Re: Logitech 550 remote with Windows 7 Media Center

I have checked out on the web to see if there is any possibility to use the Logitech 550 remote with Windows 7 Media Center and the good news is that it can be done.The only requirement if that your system needs to have an IR receiver. If your system does not have one, then connect one such receiver to fix the problem. I hope that this is the reply that you were expecting.
    WISH YOU ALL THE BEST........

The compatibility mode

Hello there,

Even if the Logitech 550 remote does not work with the Windows 7 Media Center, then there is no need to worry. You can get rid of this incompatibility issue of the drivers with the help of the compatibility mode. You will have to set the operating system in the compatibility mode with the help of the option for "troubleshoot compatibility". Here, the system has given some recommended settings. Use them or settings can be done manually by mentioning the problems yourself.

If there is any incompatibility between the drivers and the operating system, then you can get the compatibility tool for these drivers and then, install the tool before the drivers are installed. After that, the Logitech 550 remote can be used with Windows 7 Media Center. I can assure you that this a very successful technique because it has helped me in many situations.

Hello again, thank you for providing all your views regarding the Logitech 550 remote with Windows 7 Media Center. I need to try out these solutions that you guys have given. If I get stuck again in trying out the steps, then I will be requiring your help again.

Anyways, thanks again for helping till now. Have a nice day........