Thread: Garmin Streetpilot C330 problem

Garmin Streetpilot C330 problem

Hello,
    In recent weeks, my gps myself out the following message: problems tracking satellites, are you inside now. Obviously I'm in my car and the GPS sometimes takes 20 minutes before acquiring the famous satellites. Do you think it comes from the indoor antenna and that the addition of a remote antenna will solve the problem or do I have to worry for the star III chip from the camera? If someone had the same problem I'd be curious to know where it comes. Thanking you in advance.

Re: Garmin Streetpilot C330 problem

This is likely to worry about the series. If it is under warranty, it deserves a return for the seller, or at least an explanation. If this is out of warranty, the detour to the seller seems indicated. I do not know well the principle of the antenna, but I am very "disturbed". This does not work well in all windshields, but it works well under the iron roof . The friend with whom we have experienced yesterday, I noted that his was much longer to find its satellites, after a "long" period of non-functioning.

Personally I have a Street Pilot III, who became a old hardware now (5 years) I have a satellite exterior and it works very well. The satellite acquisition has never been more than a minute and I'm still generous. The only fault he has had regard to its age is its slow journey, but calculating the worse it works well anyway. Do you have the possibility to test outside of the car? If it's better you have no choice: external antenna.

I had a C330 already sent home warranty Tecsat, why no satellite and PB battery is under warranty it was returned to me with notes for failure unrecognized SAR. I do not use that site because not every day. In fact it worked three months and even problems. Return to Service, this morning comes the quote No resolution of the problem. Then what may be the problem. If you have any idea regarding this then please let me know. Thank you.

I have been using his marketing a C330 after a long period of non use the battery was HS, I ordered and installed a new everything works except the satellite acquisition (I tried to leave several hours just looking) obviously more guarantees, I do not see a shift in troubleshooting, does any one knows a solution for this. If you have one then please let me know.