Thread: Speakers Z320 not working on my laptop.

Speakers Z320 not working on my laptop.

I have just purchased a Logitech Z320 speakers that is provided in pair and I wanted to use this for my Acer laptop and operating system being used on Windows 7, but I am unable to get them play. The same speaker is working well on my Ipod, so it would not be the fault of speakers , but when I plug that with the laptop all I get is a really loud noise and playing without the music. My previously purchased speakers is working properly on the same system . I am not getting actually, this is the issue of laptop and I need to change some settings associated with the laptop, or any speakers fault ? Thanks
    Last edited by NewComer; 08-06-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Re: Speakers Z320 not working on my laptop.

Are you sure, you are running with the proper installation of the driver specifically for that speaker. You should use the primary fix to solve this issue. You need to download the appropriate driver for your speaker and you can get it from the official website of logitech, Just download it frequently and then install and if you have another driver installed previously then you should remove that completely from the system and I am sure, you will get your laptop in proper manner...

I didn't installed any specific driver for this and after getting your suggestion, I considered that it can be the issue of error but when I checked for the drivers on the official site then they told that there is no any drivers are available for this device. So, there is no any official support for this device and we have to use the same driver that is provided with the disk of motherboard and according to me, every speaker connected with the board is being operated by that driver. When I connect another speaker that has been old and not being used currently is working fine but this one is not going in the same way ..

Speakers Z320 not working on my laptop.

Whatever driver provided with the system, that doesn't matter for this issue. Now you have to clean the driver that you have installed and again perform another installation of the driver and configure the speaker in windows 7 environment .. You will get some different way to configure the speaker in windows 7 or vista compare to windows XP. Primarily , if you are working with an older computer system and just upgraded the speakers, you may notice that there are so much audio plugs than available on your computer system. (instead of just a green output, This may contain a black and orange plug as well) If the same thing is going on in your scenario, then you will require to locate a sound card from walmart or some other store which will made available computer components for you in order to use your new speakers.

Dr. V Guest

If you are going to configure your speaker then you need to go through the procedures suggested below :

1- First of all, make sure that the sound card is compatible with your type of speakers (For example 7.1 speakers will need a 7.1 sound card).
    2- Just click on the familiar volume icon that is always placed on the bottom right which will come up with the same old volume slider.
    3- Now, it's time to enter into the setup. make a right-click on the volume controller icon and choose playback devices. Highlight the associated components from the list then after for going at next level,click on the Configure
    4- On the next pop-up choose the type from the list which locates the most to your type of speakers.
    5- Click on the next and choose which additional speakers you may have. you will get the picture on the right side of the list . Click on the next and again select the included speakers. Click Finish to complete the configuration of your full surround-sound audio.

Hi,
    I bought my z320 last week and it was working like a charm. Then,Yesterday, I came back from work and it looks like my speakers die. I turn on my computer and the sound is extremely VERY loud. Here's the situation :

- I have to set windows sound at about 2% else it's too loud. I don't hear anything until I turn the hard button at 30% then suddenly the sound is at a normal level, but, only the left speaker is working. Then, I turn up the hard button at 60% where the sound level increased a little. Suddenly, the right speaker with the hard button is working and the sound level is the same at about 60% to 100%.

- I tried on my other computer and my iPod Touch and it's doing the same thing. I tried my old headset on my main computer and it's working fine, so I concluded my z320 is dead? Can I have a new one?

- It looks like there is too much power so the sound increased. I tried on another power bar in the house and I have the same problem.