Thread: Uniden DECT 6.0 need help in changing recorded message

Uniden DECT 6.0 need help in changing recorded message

I have got an Uniden DECT 6.0 phone and i wanted to change the answering machine recording but i am having any idea about the change that i wanted to make. Also i am not having the manual with which i can change the same. so if any one knows about the setting then please let me know about the it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Uniden DECT 6.0 need help in changing recorded message

I think regarding that you have to check the call waiting and Caller ID setting of the Uniden DECT 6.0 which must be having the setting for the answering message. But i am not sure about the same so give a try to the call waiting option and then work with it. Also let us know if you got anything working with the same.

It is better to have a look on the official site of the Uniden DECT 6.0 which might be having the description of the same. and if not then you can contact on the Uniden customer support and discuss the problem of yours which will help you to find the solution of your problem in better way. so call them up and get the solution for same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    It is better to have a look on the official site of the Uniden DECT 6.0 which might be having the description of the same. and if not then you can contact on the Uniden customer support and discuss the problem of yours which will help you to find the solution of your problem in better way. so call them up and get the solution for same.
    I have tried the same but the costumer support is not helping me out by the way as i want. That is why i have asked the same to you. So if possible please find the Manual for me as i am unable to get it online.

I think i am having the solution for problem of yours so just try out this. Just follow the below given things that will help you with the same.
    • Press the Envelop
    • Now press button 8
    • it will start the recording.

Thats it!!! now i thing the recording will start record the message that you wanted to change.

1. Press and hold down the announce button.
    2. You will hear record announcement after the tone.
    3. Once you hear record announcement after the tone continue holding the relase button and record your message.
    4. When you are done recording release the release button.
    5. To hear your recorded message press and hold the release button and release after you have heard your message.
    6. If you are not pleased with your recorded message, repeat the steps obove.

This is not actually a reply.
    I have a new question but I could not find where to post a new question so I am using this Reply to Thread method as a way to get my question asked.

My question is how can I make the phone ring more times when a call comes in, so I will have enough time to get to it before it stops ringing?

When you answer please also tell me how to post a new question.

Hi roboat85,

The simplest method is to call your carrier and request a longer ring time, up to 30 seconds. By the way which mobile phone are you using? You could try to put a complete song in your phone and then set it to as your ringtone in your mobile phone, but in any case you will have to ask your carrier to set it to maximum time that you need. As for posting a new thread check this topic - http://forums.techarena.in/site-foru...ck/1067545.htm

Quote Originally Posted by t.j. View Post
    I think regarding that you have to check the call waiting and Caller ID setting of the Uniden DECT 6.0 which must be having the setting for the answering message. But i am not sure about the same so give a try to the call waiting option and then work with it. Also let us know if you got anything working with the same.
    WHAT??? Do YOU even understand what you've said here???