Thread: Problems in connecting Bose companion 3 with HP Pavilion desktop

Problems in connecting Bose companion 3 with HP Pavilion desktop

I am facing some problems while connecting Bose companion 3 audio system to my HP desktop computer. I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9150f desktop system which has Windows 7 installed on it. Currently I have attached the Bose companion 3 to the Audio output of the computer but there is no sound. Am I missing something? Can someone help in configuring the audio system on my computer? Please help.

Re: Problems in connecting Bose companion 3 with HP Pavilion desktop

Check if there are any sound drivers installed on the computer or not. For the sound card to work properly on the computer, related drivers must be installed. If the appropriate drivers are missing on the computer, there would be no sound present. Go to device manager and check installed drivers. If there is any caution signs, follow the troubleshooting procedure.

Whenever any audio system is coupled to the computer, the connecting cords play an important role. If the connecting cord is faulty then the communication between the computer and the audio system will not be proper which may lead to problem similar to yours. Check the connecting cord of the companion system and if possible change it and see the difference.

Thanks for replying to the post, I checked all the connecting cables from the computer to the companion and there is no problem which I can see with it. Here is how I have connected the Audio system to the computer, monitor is connected to the computer using a VGA-DVI connector and companion is connected using HDMI cable. If the configuration is wrong then please let me know.

To make the Bose companion work on the computer, you will have to configure the sound from the control panel. You will have to switch from the internal speakers to the external. If the external speakers are not activated, then the audio output will not be available from the bose companion.

You have mentioned that you are using VGA-DVI monitor cable and HDMI sound output which will not work with Realtek HD Audio manger. Hence you will have to either change the monitor cable or change the HDMI output for sound to make it work on the bose companion. Connect the monitor to the regular VGA cable and then check the sound output on Bose companion.

Thanks for helping out. It is sad that the audio manager wont work with HDMI and hence have to change the input to the companion. Connect the companion to the computer using a normal 3.5 mm jack and then check if the HD output is available on the computer or not. If not then try and update the Audio manager which is installed on the computer which will definitely solve the problem.