Thread: BSOD while using Logitech QuickCam E2500

BSOD while using Logitech QuickCam E2500

I have a Logitech QuickCam E2500 webcam, and when I want to pass the resolution at 640x480 my system crashes and a BSOD appears on the screen. So uninstall and reinstall the webcam driver back again. After some work the same thing occurred. I had also disabled my camera sound and other settings to use the same for overclocking. Does the issue is causing the webcamera.

Re: BSOD while using Logitech QuickCam E2500

Your blue screen means that a system thread generated an exception (code 0x7e), in this case an access violation (c0000005 parameter). This is clearly a driver bug. 75% of USB device drivers are encoded with their feet elsewhere. Well actually it can also be a material conflict. But it 0x7e suxx0r serious. Is this you can start to see the system information sharing your IRQs and memory area.

Here you can do one thing. Go to windows driver / Windows/System32/Drivers. In this look for lv303av.sys or similar file to his which is our web cam driver. Uninstall first the webcam and delete this file manually. Then get the latest updates from officail site and put back everything. Check your cam software and also update your usb drivers. If still it appears then you can check this same on different computer.

Yes this issue is related with the webcam driver moduel. My webcam is plugged into the USB Controller. But actually it comes in conflict with my sound card and the same works well with the integrated chipset. So the IRQ may have been reallocated. Well then I will re-disable my sound chip, to verify the IRQ. Simply update your driver version and then check back.

I can go again in 640x480 resolution. Here are the new / new IRQ without onboard sound . While the chipset its conflict with a USB controller, and AC will plant a USB Peripheral Controller plugged into another usb. I know that crashes are more or less random. Disable the onboard sound and then check back. Then enable back the same and check back.

Your ACPI will allocate IRQs dynamically. It certainly 640x480 plant because your driver has done wrong or that when you activated your sound chipset there was an IRQ assigned falling ill, there is a little bit of randomness. Your sound card is shared over the USB, this is a problem of positioning the sound card in the PCI slots. If this source of trouble should you change slot (check the documentation for your motherboard shares IRQ).

You can catch a repeat IRQ with the sound chip enabled. And also the panel I / O and memory sharing. The drivers are coded in a hurry without really test all this stuff especially USB drivers. The irq remained the same after the reactivation of the chipset. But what is strange is that my webcam is connected to the PCI Controller > usb, not sensible conflict with my sound chipset.