Thread: How to hook up Logitech X-540 5.1to TV

How to hook up Logitech X-540 5.1to TV

I have a 26in.Dynex LCD HDTV, but I in addition encompass my Xbox hooked up to that TV. Is there a method I be able to channel the entire audio on my TV to the speaker system. (If possible without having to purchase innovative cables, but if I necessitate purchasing innovative/additional cables I determine to)(In addition I do not desire to connect this sound system to my computer at the entire, presently the TV). I was thinking regarding using the headphone jack on the remote (for the volume, base, etc) and the headphone jack on the side of my TV. I am certain this determines to run but resolve it effect the sound superiority. (I have a cable that has a headphone jack on moreover end).

Re: How to hook up Logitech X-540 5.1to TV

Characteristically televisions mechanically routes outputs the energetic audio channel from side to side the RCA pre-outs (and in addition outputs audio from side to side the TV speakers at the similar time). You determine to put out of action (if you desire the TV speakers via the audio menu collection "speakers: off".as far as what you are doing, I am not recognizable with TVs with headphone jacks but if it runs, it works. TV is by no means a superior source regardless, I uncertainty it matters which output you utilize.

Immediately to add a bit to Astralite's post. TV broadcast sound is quite pitiable compared to presently regarding several additional sources in the world. That contains the "5.1 Surround" supplementary HDTV. Broadcast is subject to a lot of thrashing. In conclusion, what is "optical out" on a TV - is it the similar as "digital audio out", which my TV has, and is it of several utilize to me and my Z-5300s. Bottom line in the entire this is I am trying to save some money by using the Z-5300s as my home theater audio so I do not have to purchase a receiver, speakers, etc. - but I am hoping to get a decent sound out of it, too.

Correspondingly, I am planning to hook up Z-5300 speakers to my HDTV. I am told that I necessitate an adaptor that take delivery of the three male mini-jacks from the speakers on one side and recognize two RCA leads on the additional, which feed to the TV audio out jacks. I hesitation that it determine to give me true surround sound but as you say, TV audio is attractive weak anyway. But I am wondering if I necessitate a "home theater" receiver, in view of the fact that the Z-5300s encompass their own amplifier. In fact, how would it even run using two amps (i.e., with a receiver and the Z-5300s - I do not desire to blow anything up). And be able to the Z-5300s be hooked into a DVD player the similar way as into a TV.

At the same time as this is an extremely superior system, there are a number of bad points: The buzzing that a number of people encompass mentioned in additional reviews. The control pod is everlastingly attached to the subwoofer, meaning if you shift the sub you encompass to remember regarding the pod to circumvent damaging it against walls or whatever. The instructions on concerning it to a non 5.1 source might be a bit clearer: To get the sub running with a non 5.1 source, you necessitate attaching merely the green wire at together ends (system and sub). If you connect the entire wires to the sub, but not the system, the sub determine to not run. Apart from the points above, I am extremely impressed with this system. Sound reproduction is excellent, and if you desire a budget 5.1 system (I say budget as the majority 5.1 systems seem to cost a lot additional than this one does), this is well worth the money.

With 5.1 sources the audio superiority spectacularly improves. With a 5.1 imaginative card I listen the whole thing with this x-540, mp3, CDs, even SACD, I play FPS games and watch DVD movies. The superiority is the most excellent you be able to encompass for $100, but do not expect anything additional. The satellites have NO BASS duplicate; the cutoff is too high, so quadraphonic music would not sound perfect as high-combat-content movies or games: but I paid merely $100, so I did not expected several additional.

I recently got the Logitech X-540 5.1 system, and was frightened by the clarity and impartiality of the music and movies that I ran through the set. On the other hand, at high (over 45%) volume, the subwooffer generate a rattling sound, approximately similar to it is not secured or fastened appropriately. I have to deliver them back to the retailshop, for a warranty-inspection, I deduce. l But if it was not for this, the speakers would encompass been GOLD for that price.