Thread: Installer error in Logitech Quickcam Deluxe for Laptop Device

Installer error in Logitech Quickcam Deluxe for Laptop Device

I am having a Logitech Quickcam Deluxe for Laptop Web cam, I got it brand new-fangled today and went to install it with the cd-rom disk integrated, but about half way through the install a error message pops up below the category of Device Installer Error: saying "Windows could not load the installer for image. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance." I bought a webcam of a different make and had the same error, I redirected to Logitech's website thinking that there I can solve an issue and tried installed updated software but that didn’t help either. I even made a new account on my Windows XP OS and installed but still didn’t work. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Installer error in Logitech Quickcam Deluxe for Laptop Device

Many times an installer error occurs because of the corrupt files that are presented in the installation. Since you have tried many times, it is not able to install I will recommend you to clean the registries and then try again. If you don't have much knowledge about the registries, then format your system and then try to install. And even later if the problem is persisting I think that there is something wrong with the hardware. So you will have to consult your hardware engineer.

I just met the same problem as you connect the Logitech QuickCam (Pro 5000 and Fusion) on a new computer (Asus M2M32-SLI WIFI AMD AM2 5200) under Win XP Pro SP2 with Alcohol 120% version 1.9.5 (3105). However, these cameras work perfectly on another computer (Abit AX8, AMD 939 3500). I succeeded this time has run 100% for the cameras and let them connect permanently on the computer. Henceforth, the startup of Win XP no longer hangs after the logo of Win XP. From after the problems that people have mentioned and several crashes startup of Win XP that I observed on my machine, I can say that the main reason is :
    Wireless USB2.0 module, Alcohol 120% and the Logitech QuickCam software exploiting the same resource => MSR, the startup of Win XP hangs as a result of its load.

To start the installation: no worries, installing the drivers (9.5 Quickcam latest in date), restart, install webcam, the test everything is OK. The big problem and now when I reboot or start my computer, boot Win XP hangs. I then have to disconnect the webcam from the USB port, do a reset for the boot does not hang. This means that I can not leave the webcam plugged in permanently. I do not know where does the pb because I have a frozen black screen at boot and nothing appears neither happens.!! Then I formatted my system and started with the beginning. After everything, I don't know how but my cam started working properly after proper installation.

Try It may be that keep plugging your controller audio and webcam removing the rest to see if it comes from a PSU bp. If tried using a USB hub powered by an outlet to relieve your mobile. Also try various combinations of connections on usb taken to distribute the load on different USB hubs. (Look into how the manager peripheral have USB hubs). Otherwise, your webcam works fine when plugged in is that it?

After installing the drivers (I tried with the drivers supplied on the CD and the latest available on the Logitech site) Windows has become completely unstable launch of dr. Watson, PC completely idle, and launch any application which showed the error messages start, etc. It is my Kaspersky firewall which conflicted with the drivers of the webcam. After uninstalling Kaspersky all came in this order: Windows has again become stable as before (when I installed another firewall that does not conflict with the webcam.

When I booted up my computer, the windows startup hangs after the apparition of the Windows XP logo (black screen). By disconnecting the webcam usb port, restarted windows normally (it had evidence that the webcam). To avoid this problem I went into Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> Manager ring road -> controllers audio, video or games -> Logitech Microphone (Pro 5000) -> Properties tab -> Audio ring road -> USB Audio Device, check the box "Do not map through this device”.