Thread: QuickCam Delux turns off automatially on Skype

QuickCam Delux turns off automatially on Skype

I just got a new Logitech QuickCam Delux web camera for video chatting. I bought this one to replace my old camera. I had installed it properly on my system without any error. But when I run my messenger and enable voice settings it works only for sometime. Then it goes off automatically. I am right now using Skype in my system for video chatting. How to fix this.

Re: QuickCam Delux turns off automatially on Skype

There are some camera settings which are causing this issue. This thing has ticked on the camera properties. I turned off the stop hard disks and modem but I have not seen the camera, under msn quickcam express stops. My camera too goes off after a few minutes. I had disabled the same from my camera settings. I am not sure about the QuickCam Delux settings.

Run windows update for that. You can enable that from Control panel. Once you run the update it will collect some updates for your webcam. Once done then you camera will work properly. In my case I had just connected the webcam and it scans the system automatically for drivers. It had collected proper updates which includes the most lasted webcam drivers.

My computer turns off after a few minutes when I enable video conferencing. After searching out I found that the webcam is the problem. I had reformatted my computer and re-installed my operating system back again. When I enable video chat it works for sometime around 0 to 15 minutes and then the entire system shutdown. I am going to change my cam which I am using.

Make sure that you are using Windows XP SP2. Then update the drivers for the chipset of your motherboard (especially if your chipset is VIA or Nvidia). Update the drivers for your webcam especially if Logitech. It is quiet necessary. Update the drivers for your graphics card if you have any on your system. Run a test on your system and then check back weather your system is working or not.

I have windows vista, my msn install from the beginning that I have this pc and now I can not use my webcam with msn, whenever I started the msn my web cam blinks out light. But it only work for sometime. I thought of DirectX. Because it is a characteristic that makes the video. Also, having once downloaded, I'm back on my cam yahoo and miraculously recovered.

For the problem on messenger, it may be a problem drivers. I connect over wifi, and infact my web cam it works with certain person on msn but not everyone. I have vista on my system on which I am using msn for around a year. Once you got a proper updated drivers then this works fine or else you will keep getting issue on the same. Just run your windows update.