Thread: QuickCam Pro not working on Ubuntu 8.04

QuickCam Pro not working on Ubuntu 8.04

I am going to order a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 webcamera for my system. I had canceled my landlines connection to get a Skype for unlimited video conferencing. I had found the supported list of QuickCam camera. This supports skype. The second thing which I need to tell is that I will going to use this on my Ubuntu system. So I just need some help for the camera support on Linux platform.

Re: QuickCam Pro not working on Ubuntu 8.04

Unlike some models, the QuickCam Pro 9000 is a versatile webcam. It may also be used with a laptop with a desktop PC, laid flat or perched on top of an LCD. And whatever the use, it clings fast and is stable. After installing the software, which, incidentally, can be very long if the PC is a bit outdated, setting up the camera. Like the other products of the brand is still as simple and clear.

The QuickCam software provided with this camera can be used to broadcast the video on the Internet. The tools is quiet pleasant. It has the sensor which provide you 2 megapixels and Carl Zeiss optics. It is also equipped with RightLight 2 technology that gives you nice light balance. The definition of the image can also be exploited to 8 megapixels. There is a video sensor with 2 million pixels and it can shoot images of 1600x1200 pixels resolution.

QuickCam Pro 9000 gives another dimension to your video chats. Indeed, it is possible to get into the shoes of an avatar or to disguise the face with fake mustache and glasses. I like to play with this. It works well on Ubuntu also. There is appropriate drivers also provided for the same. Video quality improves and becomes more fluid with Windows Live Messenger.

For Skype this is much better to use. QuickCam Pro 9000 is indeed a very good webcam. Carl Zeiss optics and sensor 2 megapixel is a nice support for the system. A price too high for a simple device, which is simply the flip side of performance. It gives high quality image with recording video 30 frames per second possible in HD. It also offers a effective auto-focus.

The QuickCam has a sleek design and a glossy surface. It does not look cheap, but the body of aluminum iSight is more likely, in my opinion. The good news is that it does not need adhesive to be attached to the screen and is compatible with most monitors. Some might complain about the lack of a lens cap, but I just turn the camera toward the ceiling if I do not want to point to me performance. It is USB 2.0. There is a driver provided for Linux also.

You does need to worry about the picture quality of this cam. It is very good for a webcam. It is much better than my first generation Apple iSight. While using the webcam, you can launch the Logitech software to activate the RightLight, which is their algorithm for automatic adjustment of brightness. . It works well, but causes changes in color, sometimes several times a second, which results in an image that flashes slightly.