Thread: Need upgrade for Harmony Remote 520

Need upgrade for Harmony Remote 520

I am using a Harmony 520 Universal remote control. It is working fine in my system. But recently I had noticed that there are some time when the remote responds very lately. For this I am looking for some software update for the remote. Where to get that. And does after adding that will my remote work well. It is a very old model which I am using on my Vista system.

Re: Need upgrade for Harmony Remote 520

There is a update utility for the same. I had found this for my remote control. I had connected the same to my home theater system. It work well. You can download the update tool from the below link. Download and run the setup. If still the remote does not perform properly then you will need to restore your system settings back so that it must not stop entirely.
    Remote Update

You can try to do that from Device Manager. Just right click on My Computer and then click on Properties. Now go to hardware and then click on the tab device manager. In the list you have to right click on the remote device and choose to update drivers. Follow the screen wizard and it will be better if you are connected online. Once reboot your system and check back.

The wi-fi, video player and home theater all have a remote control. It's convenient. The problem is with the these devices is that you waste lots of time in searching for the right remote and software. Remember the layout of the functions of each which can take up to 40 buttons is also annoying because, of course, is not organized the same way. Luckily, there are simple solutions and economic performance universal remotes. Try to search for them.

The remotes are scheduled to support many standard devices. There you just simply need to enter the code for your device from a list to the remote driver. This type of remote is very convenient to replace a damaged template or lost. However, it cannot adapt to new devices. The database of the remote is generally very comprehensive and includes most major brands. So if you have any different brand of device you are using then this will not work

The official site of the remote provides you all the software and update. That is the best place to find out. If you can simply search for the tools on the official site that might can help you. And if still there is same version provided on the site also then you can do nothing rather using the remote on your older models of devices. Better stick to the tool you have right now.

The audio-video use almost any remote control to infrared transmission. This technology is reliable and inexpensive. It does not pass through walls or cabinet doors, so you have to drive the device is visible. Nothing is more annoying than having to reconfigure the remote control. Even if it's simple models for pre-programmed, it must still remember the codes of the various devices to identify them.